Pressure Release Blow Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Release Blow Out

I received a call today from a customer about a leaky regulator. The system had been up and running for almost a year problem free and the gas tanks are tucked in the corner chained to the wall where no one will really mess with them. The regulator was a 342 (Cornelius CO2 Reg) and the pressure was maxed out on the low side (60+). The gas was leaking from the back of the regulator from the general area of the pressure release valve. I turned the set screw back and got it to stop hissing at around 40 psi or so but when I upped the pressure even a little bit more it would leak again. Question: Is the regulator shot or can it be repaired? This is something that happened out of nowhere, nobody was messing with it when it occurred, what could cause this? Thanks for any insights.....
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

The 342 has a safety pressure release of 51-53 psi. If you had it 60 all this time, I guess you are lucky. I would replace it with a high pressure model 942B. Pressure blow off is 115-125 psi. I learned through experience that if you are going into a blender, use high pressure regs.

Comment

Originally posted by TAPMAN View Post
      The 342 has a safety pressure release of 51-53 psi. If you had it 60 all this time, I guess you are lucky. I would replace it with a high pressure model 942B. Pressure blow off is 115-125 psi. I learned through experience that if you are going into a blender, use high pressure regs.
      Thanks for your post Tapman. This holds true for the Micro Matic 842 as well as most primary regulators that have 0-60 gauges.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
      X