Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co2 filter leaking

Hi
    I have been going through a lot of CO2, did some investigation and found that with a CO2 purifier in line, I lose CO2. I turned on the tank, pressurized the lines and turned off the tank. Over the course of a few hours the Hi gauge was at Zero, after quite a while the low gauge was dropping too. With the Shutoff valve after the regulator turned off, this didn't happen. So the problem was after the regulator. Found that if I removed the Purifier and all associated quick connects, everything is ok. I tried the Soap test but nothing. I am assuming that it is a very small leak at the quick connects. These are the brass micro matic quick connects that look like air fittings one would have on a compressor.

Has anyone had these leak before? I'm considering removing them from the purifier and getting some Parker threaded too barbed fittings and just using gear clamps.

Thanks
    Mike

all fixed

So I answered my own question. It is my opinion that quick connect type air fittings should not be used for this application, unless you have lots of CO2 and don't mind a very very small leakage.

Replaced the quick connect couplings with 3/8" barbed fittings and hooked both hoses direct to the filter. No more leaks. Pressure is remaining in system with main gas valve on tank turned off. Just makes it a pain to change the filter.

Mike

Comment

or just ditch the co2 purifier. You don't need it, unless you're talking about a business in a state that has some stupid law mandating it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
      X