Regulator hookup problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator hookup problems...

guys I purchased a micromatic dual gauge regulator for a C02 tank. Im a novice at best. I screwed on the regulator to the tank and turned the tank on and all i hear is gas hissing away through multiple locations.

the instructions with the regulator leave much to be desired. no parts were identified whatsoever.

i tried screwing the fat screws (which i assume are adjustment screws) to counterclockwise zero. I still hear a hissing sound.

do those knobs at 45 degree angle with the little key ring looking thing have anything to do with it? what are those anyway?

I assume the red handle valves need to be perpendicular to the barb to be off as well.

sorry for such noob questions, but i'm lost!!
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 06-02-2009, 07:57 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

The red shut off should be either at a perpendicular position (off) to the flow or in line (on)with the flow. Even though you can put this valve at a 45 degree angle, this is not a position.

When you turn on your bottle, have your pressure adjustment screw backed out counterclockwise all of the way. This basically turns off the regulator. If you still here the hissing, be certain that your regulator seal between the tank and regulator is not damaged.

If you still here hissing, the internal components may be loose or defective. If you are mechanically inclined, you could take the bonnet assembly off and check the seat assembly and diaphragm.

Link to the regulator and select the replacement parts tab for a exploded view and list of regulator parts.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I also purchased a new MM reg and I noticed it already had a washer built in on the tank connect side. Does that mean I don't need the nylon washers I've been using for years?

Comment

I'm finna tay ya i say yes to nylon or fiber washer for co2 reg people will dissagree but sometimes brass threads on bottle can be dinged up and u cant snugg up regulator that well (people will disagree including my boss but sometimes co2 regs leak on some bottles)

Comment

If you use a fiber or nylon washer on a regulator with a built in O ring, you must continue to use that additional washer. I've been told by several gas guys that the additional washer will flatten out the O ring and may leak in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X