Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert from single gauge to dual gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert from single gauge to dual gauge?

I have a Micro Matic single gauge, number 57550. Is is possible to remove the plug to put a gauge in to give me tank pressure. I understand that the plug is pressed in and might not be possible to remove. Any advice would be appreciated.
    myerfire

It seems odd that the plug would be pressed in and not threaded for two reasons. First, that would mean there would be 2 different castings. One for a single gauge and one for a double. That would cost more money. Number two would be that the chance of that plug leaking would seem greater than a threaded plug, causing more warranty work. I'd check it out to make sure it is indeed a pressed in plug. I can't believe that as high end as micro-matic equipment is that they would cheap out on something like this. Just doesn't seem right. I think the regulator I am using now is a MM. I'll look when I get home and see what model it is, but I know it has a threaded port for a second gauge.

Comment

CO2 Gauge

If you want to measure the tank pressure then make sure you have a port for a high pressure gauge-there is a difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
      X