Kegerator Setup & Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerator Setup & Pressure

I have just bought a Vissani kegorator from Home Depot, and picked up a full 5lb co2 from Airgas. I had a 1/2 keg that had no pressure on it and was about 1/2 full. I hooked everything up, opened everything, and the beer was flat as expected. I took the loss on the beer and turned it in for a fresh 1/4 keg last night, hooked everything up, keeping the psi at 13, and I wake up this morning and the pressure reads 0, my tank is EMPTY, what is going on? Did I use all the air up with the first 1/2 keg? I read that you can get 4 or 5 full kegs from 1 5lb bottle, I'm new into this, so I'm not sure what to expect or how to troubleshoot.
    Last edited by ProudBubbleHead; 03-22-2009, 07:20 AM.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, you did not research this site prior to setting up your system.

Never, never, never walk away from a new set up until you have leak tested the pressure system. Refer to this link for leak detection.
    Under ideal conditions with no leaks and you are not using your pressure to drive your cleaning process, you should be able to dispense very close to 10 kegs from a five pound cylinder of CO2.
    Last edited by Scott Zuhse; 03-22-2009, 10:12 AM.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Here's a retarded question (again, I'm new to this whole keg thing), should I leave CO2 valve open if its going to sit for a day or so? Or should I shut the valve off when I'm not going to be using it for a length of time? I must have a leak somewhere, now I have to hunt it out since I ran through another CO2 bottle here over 1 day.

Comment

Working...
      X