New system build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system build

I am looking for some help/advice with a new keg system design. I would like to have 2 of these http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...S-144-PSS.html. There is a 12x10 walk in cooler directly under the bar in the basement. Was thinking about drilling a 4'' hole in the top of the walk in and through the floor and bar top. connected by a 4'' pvc pipe. a pipe per tower. The pipe would be around 5' long.

Any information on components or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

That is definitely doable. Read through these thread a little bit to familiarize yourself with draft beer systems (and blowers) if you have the time otherwise I would hire someone. It's not a big job and will be less likely to give you trouble. Micro Matic has a wealth of information on their regular website too. Good luck.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

8 lines in a 4" conduit leaves precious little room for return air, and that is if the lines are bundled tightly, which leaves the lines in the center with minimal exposure to the airflow and lots of insulation (other lines).

Would HIGHLY recommend you look at going with a a small glycol power pack, for a commercial installation with 8 taps it will pay for itself in a VERY short time with the savings in beer that isn't foaming out of your taps as you struggle with the vagaries of an air cooled system.

If the walk in will be used for ANY kind of regular access (read "food or other storage that is accessed at all" / opening the door) more than a couple of times a day, an air cooled blower is dead OUT of the equation.

The glycol equipment will cost you a tad more up-front, but will save you major headaches down the road, as well as taking some of the burden off of the refrigeration of your walk-in and making it last longer.

Comment

Working...
      X