Refrigeration/refrigerant guestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigeration/refrigerant guestion

Couldn't locate a proper forum for this type of question, so sorry for the off topic post.

I've got a Haier HBF05EABB kegorator. I'm familiar with automotive R-134a systems and would like to check my kegorator's high and low side pressures as a preventative measure. Of course I'm use to using the high and low pressure shrader valves provided in automotive applications for doing this. I see that there are no such valves present on my kegorator's compressor system. There appears to be a tube that is aparently crimped closed and soldered/brazed so I'm thinking this is where the system is accessed for testing and charging. Could someone point me to the right resource to educate myself on these systems? I'm mainly looking for information as to which tools are required and how to connect and disconnect/reseal? I understand the principals of refrigeration, have pressure gauges with shrader style ball lock connections (although I believe these style gauges are probably useless in this application) and the high and low pressure specs to complete the task. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

If you have not had any problem with the unit cooling don't worry about the refrigerant level. That is a sealed system & is critical charge. Putting tap valves on it is not advised unless you have a problem. An automotive system holds 'pounds' of refrigerant while a unit like that only holds a few ounces. In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

In an ideal world you should never have to touch the system on a car either, but with all the hoses, fittings, seals, vibration from the engine etc. it is sometimes necessary.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X