co2 releasing out back of regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co2 releasing out back of regulator?

I just tapped a new keg and went to turn on the CO2... and for some reason the air is coming out of a small hole next to the set screw? It's like there is something blocking it from getting into the keg and that small hole is its release? Anyone know what is causing this?

air leaking out of the pinhole next to the set screw indicates a bad diaphram inside the regulator. I've had limited success with tearing down the regulator and looking for debris before reassembly. Usually a diaphram repair kit is the way to go. Good Luck
    Good Luck and Good Drinking. Murren

Comment

I had a similar issue where I connected a new keg and left it overnight to carbonate only to find the CO2 bottle empty the next morning. Obviously there was a leak in the system somewhere.

Got a new CO2 bottle, connected the regulator and then dunked it under water. Lots of bubbles coming from the bonnet assembly. Noticed the bonnet assembly was loose so I tightened it up. That helped a bit but I was still losing air from the hole in the bonnet assemly over 15 PSI.

Took apart the regulator removing bonnet assembly, fiber washer, diaphragm assembly, as well as the diaphragm assembly nut and brass washer. Cleaned everything up, brushed some corrosion off the Button-Spring Retainer, Bonnet Spring and diaphragm assembly nut.

Put it all back together and cranked down the bonnet assembly good and tight. Now there is no leak at 30 PSI, yaosss...

If you need an assembly diagram and parts list you can find one on the "replacement parts" tab of your regulator's product page on the MM web site.
      Last edited by srf21c; 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X