Blender vs. Carbo Draught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender vs. Carbo Draught

Just installed a 22 foot walk-in, working on the system now...

starting with 28 taps (one row at a time, 28 more to come),
    just informed that Carbo Draught exists, know nothing about it, or anything else
    for that matter...

I know each line needs it's own regulator, but what happens when we add the blender? Any input would be awesome.

Thanks in advance...

The Carbo Draught (may also be referred to as Nitro-Draught) is a device which separates nitrogen from air utilizing a carbon membrane. An integrated compressor serves as the air source.

The highly pure (99.7% or better) generated nitrogen is then placed under pressure in a holding tank which serves as the source for an on board McDantim dual gas blender.

Normally this system is married with a bulk CO2 source. Virtually an endless supply of gas with both systems.The default blends are normally 25% CO2 / 75% nitrogen for the nitrogenated products and 60% CO2 / 40% nitrogen for the ales and lagers.

Develop a relationship with the vendor providing this equipment to assure that the system is maintained. A couple of basic filters require replacement and or cleaning. The actual carbon membrane is self purging and does not require replacement.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Is this system, in your opinion, better or more efficient than a Trumix blending
      system... and why?

And being that none of the system is actually in place yet, is there someone I should talk to about designing the system... maybe you?

Thanks again,

Truewill

Comment

The Trumix gas blender is manufactured by McDantim. This company also manufactures the gas blender utilized by the Carbo Draught unit. They also manufacture the blender we distribute at micro matic

In terms of gas blending, it does not get any better than McDantim. The advantage of the Carbo Draught system is that you do not need to worry about changing cylinders.

We here at Micro Matic have designed numerous systems resulting in not only low pour cost, but also capable of delivering a quality product for high resale. Check your PM for contact information.

Comment

Thank you. What's a PM?

Comment

Private message.

Comment

Nitro-Draught

I run a company out of Minneapolis Minnesota that supplies Nitro-Draught Machines. I know its been a couple of weeks since you posted the question but feel free to give me a call if you want more information on the equipment.
              763.370.0827 ask for Dan

Comment

Where are you? I'm in Virginia, I'd be happy to help if your in my area.

Comment

Nitrogen Generators

I am curious on where the market bares for pricing a N2 generator. I also see ranges of 2 - 32 scfh. What is the best scfh I should be looking for. Also I have been told that a unit should have a storage tank. Any thoughts on sizing a unit and pricing would be appreciated.

Comment

Sizing the unit is determined on the volume of beer you would dispense during your surge periods. The more kegs you would empty during the busiest time of the week, the larger the system (higher scfh) and holding tank.

These systems can cost $5000+. Most retailers lease then from the vendor. This is in the $200 / month range and includes bulk CO2 and system maintenance. It is virtually an endless supply of gas with a gas blender to boot.

Carbo Draught does not require a membrane replacement while systems such the Beerblaster does. Both provide a 99.7% or better pure nitrogen.

Comment

Working...
                    X