questions about the pressure side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about the pressure side

I work in the draft beer buisness and I have a few questions for those who have more expierience and knowledge than me.On a 20' bottle of co2 what should the the regulator guage that messures contents of bottle read if the bottle is full.How many kegs of beer can a 20' bottle of co2 dispense,if the beer system is a keg box? With a 20' bottle of beer gas how many kegs of nitrogenated beer can be dispensed if the system is a keg box? If a buisneess uses co2 for beer and beer gas for their nitro beers is there any way to calculate how much gas they will save if they run nitro and co2 with a blender? (hypothetically a pizza place with 26 shanks thru the wall 2 nitro the rest ales and lagers)

Assuming you mean 20 POUND bottle not a 20 FOOT bottle - the correct answer is that under ideal conditions it takes approximately .6 pounds of CO2 to dispense a half barrel keg - so approx 33 1/2 bbl kegs for a 20 pound tank.

The High pressure gauge on a CO2 cylinder is virtually useless until the tank is almost empty, only when the liquid CO2 has all turned to gas and their is no liquid left will the pressure begin to drop, and the tank is basically already empty at that point, though there is still SOME small amount of gas remaining.

Of course there is a way to calculate the costs of a blender system, however you should consult McDantim, or a properly trained draft beer technician / system installer in your area to assist you with this... The only way to give you an answer is to know a LOT more about the system you are referencing - it SOUNDS Like it is a direct draw style system, with short runs, which means that a blender would take quite some time to pay for itself and would not prove usable for most of the beer without serious system modifications.

Good luck

Comment

questions about presssure

Thanks you confirmed what I had been taught i recieved some unclear info from our senior tech just wanted to confirm as far as the blender I was not sure and could not remember what dave said in draft school thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X