Removing fittings from a regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing fittings from a regulator

I am sure some of you have run into this problem before. Any tips on removing the fittings on regulators that use pipe dope and locktite, instead of teflon tape.This is a problem that I have dealt with time and time again. Sometimes you damnear destroy the regulator to remove them.Hate to sell a regulator to someone that just has a small leak at a fitting. I don't understand why they don't use teflon tape. I guess replacing parts doesn't sell regulators.

Its tough to do on site but I usually swap them out a working regulator and use a vise when I get back to the shop to hold the regulator and break the seal. It is a PITA I agree. Probably not what you were looking forward but I figured I would share.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Could u not use heat???

i use locktite on my rc cars even though its the blue stuff sometimes i use to much and have to use heat to remove it!

Comment

Ed, if it is a primary reg., that's what I do. This particular one that prompted this thread, is a secondary. You are right, Major PITA. Soundwave, while I know heating would probably work, I don't think I want to heat a regulator. Thanx, Tapman

Comment

I had a pipe turned out that the bonnet sets in then use a box end wrench works real good and does not leave a mark on the regulator. I do this all the time on secondary regs. seems the tail peice is always on the wrong side.
          L. Tapper

Comment

Working...
          X