Washer in Coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer in Coupler

I just bought a new D System Coupler from Micro Matic. I've been having trouble with Co2 leaks. Where the gas comes into the coupler there is a rubber check valve. Do I need to put a neoprene washer in that connection and also the connection where the beer comes out of the coupler at the top?

Thanks,
    Bill

Yes, There should have been one on the gas side of the new coupler. and you do need one at the beer side.
    L. Tapper

Comment

Thanks Larry!

Comment

Coupler types

I was checking out the D style vs the S style and i just want to clarify on where the gas comes in. The D will have two parts between the nut and coupler and the S will have Three. Now if that is correct: How interchangeable are They?

Comment

This depends on the actual couplers you are referencing. Check these links to the "D" and "S" couplers. You will notice that the only difference is that the probe and probe seal are different.

If you do have these couplers, you do not require a washer between the one way valve and the tailpiece. If you notice, the tailpiece is designed specifically for this valve. This allows for a seal and holding the valve in place.

If you do not have this coupler, check out the MM Equipment Store for your specific coupler and pull up the replacement parts menu. This will indicate if your coupler requires the seal.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Then i think the parts must not be the same. I believe that the S coupler is HERE And thus needing that Extra part. Thanks

Comment

Tailpiece question

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
              This depends on the actual couplers you are referencing. Check these links to the "D" and "S" couplers. You will notice that the only difference is that the probe and probe seal are different.

If you do have these couplers, you do not require a washer between the one way valve and the tailpiece. If you notice, the tailpiece is designed specifically for this valve. This allows for a seal and holding the valve in place.

If you do not have this coupler, check out the MM Equipment Store for your specific coupler and pull up the replacement parts menu. This will indicate if your coupler requires the seal.

I have this type setup and was wondering if you HAVE to use the "special designed" tailpiece on this cheaply made one-way valve or if there is a way to just use a standard tailpiece, beer nut, and beer washer? I cant find that special designed part with a 1/4" barb and wasnt sure about going up to the 5/16" as that would be larger than my beer line(1/4" ID).... Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the beer line supposed to be larger than the gas line? And just for reference, I have the tailpiece that the guy I bought my kegerator from had in that spot and he had a round washer on it which, to me seemed to have cut the one-way valve making it leak, I dont see on the MM diagram where this extra washer is and if it is required to run, either way it is only a 3/16" tailpiece and I want my gas line to be 1/4" but am having issues finding the right barb to fit in my regulator cutoff valve(going to get a new cutoff valve and hopefully it comes with the right sized tailpiece)
              Last edited by juggaloscorpio; 10-28-2014, 06:52 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Normally gas line is 5\16 and the beer line is 3\16. Gas line is normally larger than the beer line. Why are you running 1\4 line for your beer?
                Colin Harrison
                Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

juggaloscorpio,
                  I assume you are a home kegerator owner and not a commercial, can you post brand of coupler and pictures of the "special designed" tailpiece and gas side end of coupler.
                  The two links in your quote are the same, I use a washer between the gas check and standard tailpiece to prevent damage to gas check when I tighten down hex. There are other gas checks that require a "special designed" tailpiece, this is where the tailpiece goes into the gas check, I have not been able to get a washer between tailpiece and gas check in these models. Some of these gas checks ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE, so identification is crucial, there are some that CANNOT use standard gas check and tailpiece.
                  I have asked this question before and some find it offensive, but who told you that beer line needs to be bigger that gas line? By my understanding gas line can be any size (as spdbump says normal is 5\16, some cheap kegerator makers use really small ID line), beer line is dependent on length of run, standard home, 10 feet of 3/16 should be max, if home remote dispense and/or commercial extreme long run, it depends.
                  So if you need more help, post where appropriate, post pictures of the coupler, gas check and tailpiece, brands of kegerator/coupler, and any other circumstance that might help us, help you figure out what to do.
                  KB

Comment

Working...
                  X