Guinness regulator pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness regulator pressure

Does anyone know the idea G-mix pressure for Guinness. I was told that when you first tap the keg to jack the pressure to 30 psi. Then after 12 hrs to dial it down to 15 psi. Does this sound right?

No. Normally to acquire the cascading effect at the faucet and to preserve the carbonation level for the life of the keg you will require a 25% CO2/75%N mix between 28 to 35 PSIG. Do not back this down to 15.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I have done some experimenting. I am now running 42 psi at 34 degrees. I have a stout faucet and the guinness faucet. By far the guinness faucet has given me better pours. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

Help!!!!! So....I have had a kegorator for a while now and I received a Guinness Coupler for xmas this year. I have read all the info regarding "Guinness Gas" etc...my question is this. Is it possible to dispense Guinness without the required gas and faucet?

Has anyone tried it.....and how did it turn out?

Scott

Comment

You can use a normal faucet but you will still need to use a gas mix to dispense. Guinness has a very low gas content. Even at a very low pressure the product would over carbonate.

Comment

So what is the correct pressure and why?

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
            You can use a normal faucet but you will still need to use a gas mix to dispense. Guinness has a very low gas content. Even at a very low pressure the product would over carbonate.

Concerning pressure. I own a bar and we have our Guinness hooked up to a single kegerator. I have a Guinness spout. I can only get 70/30 blended gas in my area and I seem to get too much foam compared to videos I've seen. I've run 28 psi, and I've tried 32 but I still get an inch to an inch an a half of foam The Guinness pouring video on YouTube shows about a half inch of foam Is it the blended gas at 70/30 that's causing the problem or is it my psi?

Comment

tjmile1,
              I'm no pro but all the numbers that they are throwing around are for the higher nitrogen, at the lower, you may have to set the PSI lower. Most of the pros here will say you need the high nitrogen mix for Guinness, using the lower may not work properly.
              I'd wait for a pro to respond, but I think most will agree that you need the higher nitrogen mix.
              KB

Comment

I went with 28 psi. I can only get 70/30 and at least for the first keg it's pouring perfectly!

Comment

tjmile1,
                  Glad it worked out, if you go through kegs quickly it shouldn't be a problem, over time it may over carbonate Guinness. Best way is is use the right gas, strange that they can make one and not the other, you could look into getting a blender from MM.
                  KB

Comment

TJMILE1,

You refer to 70/30 blended gas. Is it CO2/N2 or N2/CO2? The correct Guinness Gas blend is 25% CO2/75% Nitrogen. If your blend is 30% CO2/70% Nitrogen, you should be okay. What happens after the first keg? The gas will affect each keg the same as long as all other variables remain constant.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                    X