Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Secondary Regulators per Primary Regulators

Hello all,

I am putting together a 20 tap system and would like to find out if there is a limit to the number of secondary regulators one can feed from each primary regulator. I haven't notice any manifolds or preassembled sets of more than four connected secondary regulators, so I am curious if there is a maximum safe or recommended number. Any help of advice would be much appreciated.

I'm not a pro, there are pros here however. As far as the pressure side there is no maximum, pressure is pressure regardless of how many times you divide it.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

We've built a system that has 3 panels (12) secondary regulators plus 3 more individual ones we've added on, no problems. Just make sure the primary regulator is at least 10 psi more than the secondary are set at, that will depend on what you balance the system for.

Comment

the number I believe you're looking for is approximately 40 secondary Regulators on the four all day or a 6 all day blenderbox . There is a real limit to the amount of secondary regulators but as long as you follow a couple of rules you will be fine. Forst how much volume of beers do you think you will be selling? If you are exceeding more than 4 faucets being open continuously or being poured at once all of the time, you may exceed the pressure otherwise known as recovery pressure of the primary regulator on the blender box or your bottle of gas that you are using. to mitigate the decompression of your beer because not having enough recovery pressure you need to make sure your recovery pressure is between 35 to 40 pounds max. the reason you don't exceed this pressure is because the pressure release valve inside of the sankie . if a problem does occur with the regulator because a particle or something inside of a secondary regulator and pressure exceeds 40 pounds you can over carbonated beer or lose your gas to the pressure release valve. as for mitigating loss of gas pressure on a 20 products system I always put a back loop on the whole gas system. beer gas or the ales and lager gas in the cooler goes into number one reg and also goes into number 20 so there is no starving for gas on the secondary Regulators from beginning to end of your beer lineup on your wall brackets. hope this helps.
        S .Gonzo.

Comment

There is more so, post up if you want more on the subject. I will be glad to assist. just make sure you put up some pictures when you're done.

Comment

Working...
          X