Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrogen generator in walk-in?

Hello,

Is it possible to put a nitrogen generator/gas blender inside of a walk-in if there's space? I can't think of a reason why not, personally, but the only installs I've seen always have it mounted outside the cooler. The walk-in in question is in the middle of a grocery store, so it's not really feasible to have a ugly and noisy generator on the outside in guest view.

Thanks,
    Michael

I'm not real well versed in those units but about the only possible problem I can see is the heat it may generate. You don't really want a source of heat fighting the walk-in. As I said, I'm not sure how much heat those units put out. It may be no more than one of the fan motors in the walk-in evaporator & if that is the case it would not be a problem. Perhaps one of the beer system installation guys here will have more insight.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

McDantim blenders can be installed inside a cooler, but don't know about the generator. My concern would be the danger if the high pressure CO2 line should burst and fill the cooler with CO2 and or N2.
      ​Other question , will the grocery store have enough volume to justify a generator. If noise is a factor, use N2 tanks and a blender.

Comment

A little backstory: We're working on a remodel to build a walk-in and run 28 taps through the wall, two of which will be nitro faucets. The current set up is a 12 tap kegerator that for some reason had been installed with a nitrogen generator on a 60/40 blend that runs out of a small office space behind the kegerator. The office space will be removed and replaced with the walk-in. It's right in the middle of the store. I hadn't really given any thought to ditching the generator. Is there a secondary market for that kind of thing? We go through the equivalent of 7-8 1/2 bbls per week total. If I ran 26 faucets off of 100% CO2, how much nitro volume would I need to go through to justify using a generator or even just a blender as opposed to a beer gas tank? I generally like using a blend over 100% CO2 even in direct draw, but I am trying to keep the budget pretty tight in my proposal. Thanks for your input!

Comment

If you already have a generator, no brainer, keep using it. I also like using blended gas on any system with this many beers. The generator shouldn't be making a lot of noise, small compressor only runs when it needs to recharge. The generator doesn't have to be in the same area as the cooler. Relocate it to a storage room and run lines to the cooler

Comment

Working...
          X