Regulator Rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator Rebuild?

I have adopted an old Micro Matic regulator that I found in a neighbor's garage. It appears to be similar to the current Primary Double Regulator except that it is blue (Model VCM2000). It looks as if it was that garage for a long time. The high pressure gauge has been bashed and the low pressure gauge has a good bit of rust. I think I will replace both gauges, but my question is: what else should I do to resurrect this guy?

Chuzzlewit,
    I did a 'net search, there is one with your description that sold on eBay that is marked Grundy. There is no rebuild kit that is sold here on the MM site, I found a general rebuild video on youTube, you might be able to fit the replacement gauges that MM sells on the Grundy regulator but still might not work. Your choice spend the cash and time to rebuild something that might not be fixable or a brand new one that will work right.
    KB

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
      Chuzzlewit,
      I did a 'net search, there is one with your description that sold on eBay that is marked Grundy. There is no rebuild kit that is sold here on the MM site, I found a general rebuild video on youTube, you might be able to fit the replacement gauges that MM sells on the Grundy regulator but still might not work. Your choice spend the cash and time to rebuild something that might not be fixable or a brand new one that will work right.
      KB
      KB

That's the conclusion I reached as well after seeing that what it would cost to rebuild is only pennies less than it would cost to buy a new one.

Comment

Working...
      X