Problems with Micromatic Sanke "D" couplers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Micromatic Sanke "D" couplers

Bought a few Micromatic couplers a while ago and they are all giving me problems. Whenever I uncouple a keg, I get a spew of beer all over the top of the keg. Doesn't happen with our older couplers. It's like the ball check isn't seating properly. Anyone else having this problem?
    TIA

Does the beer seem to burst up or drop down? Also how long are your lines? How much drop or raise is there between keg and faucet?

Reason for these questions, is if it seems to spray up at you, its probably that the coupler's probe not getting fully disengaged with the keg ball before it is taken off the keg. This would result in a little bit of beer spraying up at you. If the product drops down on the keg, then yes the check ball is not seating all the way down. If you have a longer run and there is any raise in the line from keg to faucet, you can uncouple the keg and then open the faucet. If you do this and the ball is not seating properly, you will leak beer from the coupler. Over all I don't really run into problems w/ MM's couplers.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X