Glycol Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Direction

I am wondering if it matters which direction glycol should run if it is connected to a trunk line between the cooler and taps. Does it matter if the colder out line moves toward the taps then cooler then back to glycol bath? Or is it better to send colder out line toward the cooler then to taps then back to glycol bath?

Thanks,

James

Why? What are you trying to do? In every install I've seen or done the glycol first comes into contact with the trunk lines in the cooler to ensure that the beer kept cold from the cooler to the taps.
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

If i was doing the install from scratch, I would be doing the same, having it start at the cooler. But in this build I am at now, they have decided to move the taps to another location. This would either mean that I need to move the glycol machine or run the lines to the cooler/taps in order to start the flow at these locations. I figure it would be best to get the chilled line in contact with the trunk line ASAP beaning that it would connect between the cooler and taps in the trunkline....

Comment

As long as the cold glycol lines are circulating through the entire system. Towards the faucets first would be better, but I think it would be a negligible difference, it really shouldn't matter that much.

Comment

Only time it would make a significant difference would be with an ice tower. I've installed many systems this way and all run fine.

Comment

Working...
          X