Need to seal hole from 3in tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to seal hole from 3in tower

Sadly my 3 inch tower broke during a move over Thanksgiving weekend. Easy solution is to just get a new tower but need a cheaper solution short term to close the hole. Not sure if any standard plates are designed to seal tower holes using the screw holes already available. Would be nice to use the chest freezer (converted to kegerator) until I can get a new tower.

burntpepsi,
    If permanent solution I'd measure 1 inch beyond the screw holes , measure between holes, measure accurately, then send measurements to Flow-Jet CNC cutter and have them cut an exact plate to cover hole. If temporary solution, roll up a sock, preferably clean and stuff in hole, if you want to be sure of a seal use some painter's tape, a tight fit should be enough till you get a new tower. Sorry about the Flow-Jet comment, been watching too much "American Chopper" and "Sons of Guns". When I need to clean and modify tower and shank I stuff a rag in the hole, it seems to work for a few days.
    KB

Comment

Thanks Killian, I like the clean sock and painters tape solution. I think that should work great short term.

Comment

Working...
      X