Installing a shadow box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a shadow box.

Do I just measure, cut a hole out of the wall and install? Do I need a back splash? Just checking out to see if the pros have any tips & tricks.

Thanks folks

Measure the dimensions of the box without the flanges, make the hole about an 1/8 inch larger to allow for ease of install. Be mindfull of electrical in the wall that you are cutting out, and depending on where you are installing you may have to clip a few studs. As far as a backsplash goes, it all depends on what you want it to look like from the front, and what kind of drip tray you are using. Most shadow box installs that I have done have used a hanging driptray to cover the back of the shadow box.
    Good Luck
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Colin, thanks for the help. im looking to install an 8 tap shadow box, 24"x 5". For the front I wanted to leave it like that with no backsplash, think it gives it a clean look. Can i go this route? Thinking about placing some insulation (styrofoam or insulating tape) on the back side to keep the front from sweating. For drip tray i need one with drain, but dont want to butcher the nice marble top its going on, maybe im going to have to get one fabricated with a rear drain, so that can go through the wall, since i cant find one already made.

thanks

Comment

You can go that route if ya want, check out the wall mount drip trays here on the MM website, all of them drain through the bottom where you could run the drain line back through. Good Luck
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Working...
        X