Glycol Bath Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Bath Level

I just had my system serviced, but it isn't working. I have a 4-5 year old Micro-matic BGC 75 Chiller (SN# 62A0630LC049) Last week it crapped out, we cleaned the fins and the filters, I had the compressor serviced, and had a draft tech come in and service the glycol bath, it worked for a day and now the glycol bath is warm again.

I downloaded the "manual" from your site, which says to fill the glycol bath to the level on the "glycol fill indicator" which i assume is the tube on the back side, which has no markings on it. There is a silver metal clamp, and possibly a nub in the metal that might be a fill indicator, but nothing clearly marked (in a dark corner pushed against the wall, looking upside down with a flash light) . The current level of glycol does not cover the coils and ice has built up overnight on the incoming copper coil, above the bath. So should the coils be submerged? My glycol bath is probably 45 deg right now, I am well aware that is should be in the high 20's not 40's.

The refrigerator guy says it's freezing up and not cooling because the glycol is to low. The Draft tech says the glycol is at the correct level. Either way I am out of draft.

What is the proper level of fill for a micromatic-75 glycol bath? And why can't i find the info on the site somewhere.

U want to make sure that the coils are submerged in the glycol solution. If not the pump is going to over heat and burn itself out. Im not really familiar with the unit you have but as long as the glycol is about 90% up the "filler indicator" your unit should have enough glycol in it. hopefully this helps you out.

Comment

The fill indicator is the plastic hose visible on the side of the body, the fill point marking is the small tabs near the top of the tube. Not well marked, but those are the marks. The refrigeration guy is correct. The coils should be covered to cool properly.

Comment

Working...
      X