Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet Threads

Guys,

I was wondering which way the threads were on the Faucet, I can't seem to get mine apart, I have even taken it out of the tower with the shank still attached and used vice grips but still can't seem to get the thing to come loose. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

To loosen the faucet from the shank, the spanner nut must be turned clockwise (as you are facing the faucet). Might want to apply some hot water to the threads also (before turning) to wash out any old beer residue that may be serving in a Loctite capacity.
    "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
    Gram Parsons

Comment

cford88,
      Remember it's as you look at the faucet and not the shank (it definitely easier if both were still attached to the tower), you also need the attached photo for your tool (why do us cavemen always go for the vise grip when in doubt), as you hold faucet in your left hand use tool and push down to loosen nut, hot water would help but just a long soak in water might do the trick. Hopefully you didn't do much damage to spanner nut with the vise grip, if you used too much pressure you might have jammed the spanner nut against the shank.
      KB
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X