Guinness With FOBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness With FOBs

I have an account 200 ft run, pumps, plastic Pro Max Fobs. System has been cleaned once 10 months ago (I inherited it) Switched off a rotating import line to run Guinness. Different Regulator, gas, same beer line. FOB worked up until then, FOB now will not reset. I emptied and retried, disconnected and re tried its not happening. Is it possible Guinness or Beer Gas has something to do with this? It is in line after the pump so that does not really make sense. I was just reaching out before I sell them another FOB and tell them about regular cleaning again.
    Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
    Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

First, if you haven't done so already, clean the FOB. Debris in the FOB causes all kinds of problems, especially on the plastic ones.

If the FOB worked before, it should work now.

My first thought is that the gas pressure is too low or keg coupler is leaking gas directly into the beer line.

Oh, you said beer pumps! Have you increased the beer pump pressure?

Guinness is needing 30 - 35 psig to pour properly on any system.

I recommend increasing the pump pressure to 35 psig, then test system. If FOB drops again, bypass the pump and increase the gas pressure to 35 psig and test again.

If it still fails, check the coupler.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I will check these out and post some results.
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

In addition to Dcullender's comments, which pump are you working with and what pressure is at the Guinness keg?
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Make sure the fob drain valve is cleaned properly. Had a customer, lost 3 different kegs(one guiness) in 2-3 months, all beer down the drain. The cleaning company, provided by the local distributor, wasnt cleaning the parts in the keg cooler, just the faucets.
          Also, did you say cleaned 10 months ago? wow
          Make sure the keg is getting enough pressure to maintain flow and nitrogenation, as nitrogen needs more pressure to disolve into the beer, more than is needed with c02 and reg beer.

Comment

Working...
          X