Nipple to shank connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipple to shank connection

I have an old Beverage Air BM23 and the nipple that connects the beer line to the shank is a 3/16" 90 degree. I cleaned it the other day and got the soft rubbery washer out of the back of the shank, it was kind of dried up and hard. It came out in pieces, now i have no replacement and can't seem to find one anywhere.

Does anyone know where I could obtain one of these washers. The BevAir website does not seem to be much help.

It is a different style connection than the newer ones I think, I looked at photos and diagrams of newer shanks and they have a rubber washer that connnects to the back of the shank, not down inside the shank like the one I have.

Do I need to replace the shank and get new connection this way? Or can I find a washer of this type somewhere?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Really need some help, no tap beer at the moment.
    You can send me an email at di55807@windstream.net

Or you could post a reply here. Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by crockett; 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM.

Originally posted by crockett View Post
    I have an old Beverage Air BM23 and the nipple that connects the beer line to the shank is a 3/16" 90 degree. I cleaned it the other day and got the soft rubbery washer out of the back of the shank, it was kind of dried up and hard. It came out in pieces, now i have no replacement and can't seem to find one anywhere.

Does anyone know where I could obtain one of these washers. The BevAir website does not seem to be much help.

It is a different style connection than the newer ones I think, I looked at photos and diagrams of newer shanks and they have a rubber washer that connnects to the back of the shank, not down inside the shank like the one I have.

Do I need to replace the shank and get new connection this way? Or can I find a washer of this type somewhere?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Really need some help, no tap beer at the moment.
    You can send me an email at di55807@windstream.net

Or you could post a reply here. Thanks

Dave
    In my old Kenmore, I had a similiar problem. I bought one of these:

Problem solved.
    Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Here is link to the replacement gasket. When you tighten the compression nut onto the shank, hold the tube against the shank and do not over tighten as you can force the gland (gasket) into the flow of the beer. After tightening, inspect the inside of the shank with the faucet removed to verify that the gasket is not impeding flow.
      Last edited by Scott Zuhse; 08-21-2009, 02:59 PM.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Found part!

Thanks, i found what I needed.

Back with beer!

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X