Through wall system, need ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through wall system, need ideas

Looking for ideas on how to build a through the wall, 8 product system.

Customer wants 8 product throught the wall system. Beer walk-in will be directly behind the 4" thick stud wall. Wants faucets 5" on center. Stud wall will have stainless steel backsplash and he wants to use 45" x 8" surface mounted drip tray.

Considered using a couple of the 23" wide x 12" deep shadow boxes with a blower. However, my proplem is that the wall is 16" on center stud wall and I would have to cut out 3 studs to use the shadow box.

Could I put shadow box with blower into cooler wall, then insulate the shanks for the 4 inches they go through the stud wall? Maybe 2" PVC with 7/8" ID with 1/2" wall insulation.

False wall and use insulated metal box and run it on blower (4" hole at both ends going through stud wall into cooler)?

If all else fails, guess I'll give quote suggesting 8 faucet pass through air cooled tower.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Can you build individual insulated boxes between the studs extending from your shadow boxes? Most any sheet metal shop could fabricate what you need.
    Obviously the spacing of your faucets, side to side, on the faucet side of the stud wall would determine whether that is feasible.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Dennis, have you considered glycol? We have a new wall plate product that attaches directly to the wall. The only hole required would be for the Kool Rite stems. Although five inch on center would be a custom job.

This would be easier to install and more efficient than the forced air. I'll email you details of a stock configuration for your review.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Thanks!

I was trying to figure a way to make a glycol system but didn't know about this tower set up.

Can I call you on it?

Thanks again.

Dennis

Comment

Only if I get an invite to next years Super Bowl party! With any luck, the office in Allentown will schedule something in your area about that time.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
          X