no room. keg stacking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no room. keg stacking?

can a keg be tapped and then layed on its side? there is not enough room in the new walk in and want to build a rack system for all 28 microbrews and then add 8 more. maybe if its tilted up a bit on the tap end?

There is a tube that extends down to the bottom of the keg. So in laying a keg on it's side you would only get half of the beer in a keg.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

yeah i know about the tube, but i didnt know if it was flexible or long enough to fall to the lowest point. thanks for the response

Comment

Originally posted by xscash View Post
        yeah i know about the tube, but i didnt know if it was flexible or long enough to fall to the lowest point. thanks for the response
        No it is fixed (stainless steel) in the keg no flex at all.

Comment

Will your setup work with the plastic keg stackers that allow tapped kegs to be stacked on top of each other?

These are great to maximize your available space for tapped kegs, but can be a real PITA to work with if you constantly blow the keg underneath right after changing out the top one... Paying close attention to your rates will allow you to keep the swapping off of full kegs on top to a minimum. And these work great for series setups if you have a high volume product you need to keep several kegs on.

I do recommend the use of the 90 degree beer elbow (FT-872) for the kegs on the bottom if you go with these.

Here's the part: Micromatic KS100

And how it's used:

Comment

That is so much slicker than the two bricks/ 1 4x4" system that I got going

Comment

Working...
            X