Thermostat settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat settings

We have serval accounts with this thermostat...

Is there a standard for the settings? We have the manual for it, but what does everyone set the Set Point, Differencial, and ASD at? Currently, we are toying with 28, 2, and 2.
    Thanks as always.
    Cheers.
    Draught Prophets
    www.draughtprophets.ca

I would like to know also. I bought the same one for my Home Danby single tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Draught Prophet View Post
      We have serval accounts with this thermostat...

Is there a standard for the settings? We have the manual for it, but what does everyone set the Set Point, Differencial, and ASD at? Currently, we are toying with 28, 2, and 2.
      Thanks as always.
      Cheers.
      It depends greatly on the application. You want to have your set point at a temp where it won't freeze things & your diff set to allow a defrost cycle. Generally 4 to 5 degrees. This is for an air defrost evaporator.

28 seems too cold. What specifically are you using this for?

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

I have a danby unit using the same external thermostat and set mine to 31 sp 2 degree differential and 2 cycle delay. Have cooling blower for tower and 1/2 barrel of coors light. Get consistant pours of 33 degrees in a room temp pint. I have the temp probe from the external unit half way down the left side in one of the groves next to the keg. I had it in water but the half frozen water never changed temp as the door was opened and closed once in a while to get a frozen mug out. I feel measuring air temp next to keg works better for me holding the temp of the beer more stable.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This is on a long draw power pack. 100' run, deck above the fridge. It's hot up there, other compressors, no circulation... Installed a fan to move some air.
          Draught Prophets
          www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

Be careful going lower than 29 F with minimal differential of around three degrees. Attempt to move the power pack in an area where it can breathe.
            Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Coors Light doesn't like cold. Seems to freeze easier than real beer.

Comment

For my home kegerator, which is a converted kenmore upright freezer, my 419 settings are:

SP 37
                dIF 2
                ASd 5
                OFS 0
                SF 0

That gets me a 37 degree cup of water at the bottom. Just finished the setup and am waiting on my first kegs to come in so I may have to tweak settings a bit when I can actually measure pour temperature.
                "Live every week like a shark week."

Comment

I have had three of these in use for about two years on long draw power packs (100ft.). They work great! I love the fact that you can lock them were every bar tender, delivery guy and assistant manager can't adjust the temp. I set them at 28,2,4 no particular reason just seemed like a good place to set them, and never had any problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X