(un)install advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (un)install advice

I have an (un)install where they are replacing a bar top and need to remove a Perlick H tower and then reinstall. What is the best approach? I figured I need to remove all of the tape back to where the chokers hook up or should I just cut and if so what is the best way to ensure you do not cut into the lines? Just remove the clamps and try to cut a little off the line to get a fresh start (if there is enough)and reclamp? Are there other considerations I am overlooking. I figured I would just need to splice the glycol lines back together since those would most likely need to be cut. Just looking to make sure I cover my bases going in there. Any help is appreciated.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Ed, you could cut about 6 inches below and just splice 6 or 7 inches to your connection. Reconnect to dispenser and you should be fine. Also, you should either plug the glycol lines or clamp them shut with vise grips, so that they don't drain the reservoir.Don't forget to turn off the pump first. Tapman
    Last edited by TAPMAN; 11-09-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Ed,

Rinse beer out of system so not to make a big mess with beer. You may want to blow out the glycol as well. Score the trunk line with a sharp razor knife taking care not to cut to deep and peel back insulation. If possible, try to disconnect individually right at the tower. Cut each line just below the fitting the same distance with each connection If possible, identify each line prior to removing so you match these when reconnecting.

Once you have the tower removed, then you can remove the clamp and line underneath. Hopefully you will have some slack in the trunk line as to make up the slight difference (one inch???) when reconnecting.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
      X