Blower Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Install

I am installing a blower in a kegerator and was wondering what the idea place to tap into power would be? It is a basic black box type kegerator (I am not sure the brand as it has been months since I first looked at the job). I believe there was a light inside so that may be a good place to start. Just wanted to check in with you guys to see what standard procedure was. This thing has one of those big mushroom style metal towers (10" across or so on top) on it with 6 taps and no form of cooling up there. When I check it on the service call for foam the temp in the tower was 58 degrees!
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Decide if you want the blower to run with the compressor or 24/7. If you are lucky, when you get to the site, there will be a wiring diagram on it somewhere. Where to pick up the actual conductors is something you will just have to explore I guess. I'd think the light circuit wouldn't be a good choice as it likely only works with the door open.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I would like the blower to run all the time. I think if I catch the light before the switch I can get the steady power. As you said I may have to poke around with a meter to be sure. I had another question too. I have one of the 15 cfm blowers from here at Micromatic and 5' of 1" blower tubing and a hanger bracket (just the one with the ring that holds the motor. The question is, what do you use to connect the hose to the blower? took for granted that it might not come with the proper fitting to put it all together. Are there any Home Depot/ Lowes parts that would do the trick. Thanks for the insight.
      Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Lowes or home Depot will have anything that you don't have. Shouldn't be a problem and should be less than 5 bucks.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Ed, use electrical tape. Also, I have found that this trunk line bracket works pretty descent with the 15 cfm blower. Did you receive my reply on your line cleaning dilemma?
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
          X