Danby DKC586BL Cooling Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby DKC586BL Cooling Problem

I recently purchased a broken Danby Kegerator and was wondering if anyone has experience fixing these. It will turn on and cool down the kegerator sometimes but then once it reaches temperature, the compressor will not come back on after the first time but the display remains illuminated. I have tried unplugging and replugging it in with no luck. The start relay and overload switch have been replaced and the actual compressor itself is not overheating. I am trying to isolate if it is a compressor or a temperature control board issue. The temperature sensor itself is displaying a correct temperature on the display when it is turned on. Does anyone know a way to bypass the temperature control. There are 4 wires, 5V Ground RY1 and RY2. I have tried to route RY2 to ground and to 5V to put the transistor in and out of saturation to see if it will start the compressor up, but I am not sure if I am bypassing it correctly. Can anyone help me on how to bypass the temperature controller, as I am cautious with electricity. I know this model is 13 years old, but I bought it for really cheap and am trying to bring it back to life. Thanks guys!

Hey there, it sounds like you're quite the DIY enthusiast! It's unfortunate that your Danby Kegerator isn't cooperating, but it's great to see your determination to revive it. It seems like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting and replacement work.

As for bypassing the temperature control, it's important to exercise caution, especially when dealing with electrical components. Based on your description, your approach with the wires and the transistor seems reasonable, but if you're unsure, it might be wise to seek advice from someone with electrical expertise.

Have you considered reaching out to online forums or communities dedicated to appliance repair? They could provide valuable insights from others who have faced similar issues. Best of luck with your project, and I hope you're able to get your Kegerator back up and running soon!​

Comment

As for bypassing the temperature control, it's important to exercise caution, especially when dealing with electrical components​
      Last edited by jeromar3; 08-11-2023, 12:52 AM.

Comment

As for bypassing the temperature control, it's important to exercise caution, especially when dealing with electrical components. Based on your description, your approach with the wires and the transistor seems reasonable, but if you're unsure, it might be wise to seek advice from someone with electrical expertise.
        Last edited by jeromar3; 08-11-2023, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Have you considered reaching out to online forums or communities dedicated to appliance repair? They could provide valuable insights from others who have faced similar issues. Best of luck with your project, and I hope you're able to get your Kegerator back up and running soon!​​

Comment

Working...
          X