Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCullender
    replied
    I wouldn't recommend using that chase. If it is only 4 or 5 inches in diameter with staight 90"s, you would be very lucky to get any trunk line through without damage.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Berumen
    replied
    if the system that you are going to install is a glycol system, the 90's turns are going to make it very difficult to run a trunk line. if it's only a four inch chase, it's gonna be near impossible. you may be able to run a six product line at most. if you had a hard time running a fish tape thru, that is a good indicator that running a trunk line is going to be hard. the lines are flexible, but not that flexible. i would recommend that you use one of those wire pullers that electricians use when pulling a bundle of wires, don't remember the name, but they are like a chinese handcuff. the more you pull, the tighter it gets. you might be better off looking for a way to run the line overhead. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Lowfisherman
    started a topic Beer floor chase

Beer floor chase

Good morning all,

been lurking and learning here for a while, but now I’m in need of some support in my own rite. I didn’t have much luck searching for an answer, so here I am posing it directly!

i have a customer that is requesting a new tap system install. They appear to have a chase running from their cooler out under the bar that has never been used, for whatever readon. (Established business, been around for years). So I ran a fish tape through it and sure enough it runs from the cooler to the bar.

Here are my questions.

it appears that be no bigger than 4-5 inches. As much as I could tell it also looks like it may have straight 90* elbows. Have to verify when we go back for a more formal discussion.

how much could this hamper pulling a line set through this setup, and how many lines do you figure could fit, if I can lines through there to begin with.

thanks in advance
Working...
X