Sankey couplers leak when changing keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankey couplers leak when changing keg

I have keg couplers that are leaking out the beer in the line when changing a keg..shouldn't they stay tight and full of beer when you unlock the mechanism and change the keg or leave it off? There's several kegs on the system and they all have the same problem. It seems like there isn't pressure to engage the ball and lock the beer in or something but there's 12psi on the regulators and beer is pouring fine when they're on? Or there's a seal thats shot inside the coupler, but on all of them? Any help much appreciated!

I'm having the same problem. Shouldn't our D Sankey couplers NOT leak air when disconnected from a keg?

Comment

There is a check valve in the coupler just below the beer line to prevent back flow. There are a few types - primarily you will see torpedoes and balls. Your check valves are either missing or stuck.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

When uncouple the tap pressure blows out of the ball, I put my hand over it because it was spraying beer all over. I am fairly certain it is a sticky ball, but I am the only useer on the keg and will clean the lines a half dozen times before the keg runs out. I cant imagine lack of use would contribute to this problem. Any validation out there or am I off base?

Comment

When you clean do you disassemble and clean the ball and retainer? The ball should be keeping the beer in the line if it is working correctly.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Looking to upgrade your workwear? Don't miss out on the benefits of a workwear coupon code. Save on durable and comfortable gear that keeps up with your demanding tasks. It's a smart way to invest in quality without overspending. Get ready to tackle your workday with confidence and savings! Best regards,

Comment

Looking to upgrade your workwear? Don't miss out on the benefits of a workwear coupon code. Save on durable and comfortable gear that keeps up with your demanding tasks. It's a smart way to invest in quality without overspending. Get ready to tackle your workday with confidence and savings! Best regards,

Comment

Working...
              X