Serving tank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving tank question

Im trying to gather information so we can purchase the right equipment and install our draft system the right way the first time.

We have twelve 10 bbl horizontal serving tanks and are trying to find the best possible way to keep our beer cold flowing from our tanks to our faucets. Our setup will consist of a cold box which will be positioned in the back of the production area. Moving forward 30 feet from there we will have our serving tanks. 40 feet from there will be our faucets.

We would also like to serve kegged beer from our walk-in cooler as well as have the ability to keg off beer from any serving tank that is close to being empty.

My idea would be to position the line chiller close to the walk in. Run a trunk line from the chiller to the serving tanks. Have a pump for each tank and pump the serving tank beer back to the walk-in.

Each serving tank tank line would connect to a y valve in the walk in. If the serving tanks need to be emptied I could divert the beer to the keg line and keg the beer. The other line would connect to a new trunk line that would flow to the faucets.

I know it is back and forth but it seems like the only option if I want to keg any remaining beer from the serving tanks.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
    Last edited by NOW; 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM.

Welcome to the Forum. This is a complicated question with alot of variables. I've done this a few times, it is feasible, but you really need an experienced installer to help you on site. If you give us a location, we can help you find a good installer.

Cheers!

Comment

Sorry but I must have missed your response. Time has passed by and we have installed a system but continually run into problems. I'm looking for a very experienced technician that has experience with glycol serving vessels/flo jet pumps/and a long draw system. We're located in South Jersey, about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. Thank you

Comment

Sorry but I must have missed your response. Time has passed by and we have installed a system but continually run into problems. I'm looking for a very experienced technician that has experience with glycol serving vessels/flo jet pumps/and a long draw system. We're located in South Jersey, about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. Thank you

Comment

Call Micro-Matic Northeast, just outside of Philadelphia, they can refer you to one of our Certified Installers in your area. Call 610-625-4464

Comment

Working...
          X