Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flojet Pumps

Hi Folks,

New to the forum but been cleaning lines for a few years. I went to look at a new account the other day and they had flo-jet beer pumps. I have not ecountered these yet, are they something I should be afraid of? I understand what they do but am not sure how to clean them or if they tend to be troublesome. Also how would I use my circualting pump in a situation where there are split lines (6 kegs in a cooler going to to 18 taps)? Would I even use my pump or pull out my cleaning can and soak the lines. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently ran into the same situation. There is a flow reversal valve that MM sells, but an easier way to flush through the pumps, is to reverse the inlet and outlet nipples on the pumps on the line that you pumping into. There is a locking clip that holds the nipples in place. Unlock the clips, reverse the nipples on pump#1,3,5. Pump into faucet#1, jumper, jumper ,out faucet #6. Make sure to turn off air supply to pumps first.You may want to bring a bucket back to the walk in, As you pull the nipples out of the pumps, there will be some beer(not a real lot) that comes out, Hopefully you have easy access to the bottom of the pumps. The first few times it will be a pain the , but once you get used to it , it won't be too bad. Good luck Tapman
    Last edited by TAPMAN; 04-01-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Do you find these things tob e troublesome? I've heard horror stories about systems with these pump and would like to find out if there is any truth to that. Thanks again.

Comment

The only problem I had was when they were installed on a 10 foot line! It was a chain restaurant and an over sell by installer. It took two months to get corporate approval to take them out.

As Tapman said make sure you turn the air supply off. I have seen keg coupler left off keg over night and pump went bad!

Comment

Beer pumps were never intended for short systems. Their application would be where a gas blender can no longer be utilized (over 35 PSIG to keg). As to cleaning, reversing inlet and outlet is ideal. If you are accomplishing this manually by releasing nipples, head Tapman's advice and turn pressure off to pumps. If you do not, you will never forget again. Also, be certain to place them back into original position. Reverse direction the next cleaning cycle for optimal cleaning.

A common mistake is not designing enough restriction into the system and not placing a FOB device after and higher than the pump.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Perlick Shurflo pumps

Originally posted by TAPMAN View Post
            I recently ran into the same situation. There is a flow reversal valve that MM sells, but an easier way to flush through the pumps, is to reverse the inlet and outlet nipples on the pumps on the line that you pumping into. There is a locking clip that holds the nipples in place. Unlock the clips, reverse the nipples on pump#1,3,5. Pump into faucet#1, jumper, jumper ,out faucet #6. Make sure to turn off air supply to pumps first.You may want to bring a bucket back to the walk in, As you pull the nipples out of the pumps, there will be some beer(not a real lot) that comes out, Hopefully you have easy access to the bottom of the pumps. The first few times it will be a pain the , but once you get used to it , it won't be too bad. Good luck Tapman
            Tapman, i'm wondering if this method for changing the nipples applies on the Perlick beer pumps...all my accounts with Flojet pumps have flo reversal valves so it's easy. Been trying to figure how to clean this system recirc. style,but not being familiar with the fittings on these Perlick pumps I seriously don't want to break anything. Thanks for the awesome resource this forum and website are!!

Comment

I am not real familiar with the Perilck pumps either, In have never dealt with them. I only have a few accounts with pumps, and they are all Flojet.

Comment

Working...
              X