Long Draw Restriction/Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Draw Restriction/Gas

I have a glycol system that we are building and I am hoping to verify my setup.

The cooler has 10' 3/8 vinyl hosing into the SS FOB's and into 3/8" Trunkline. It goes up into the ceiling and then drops into the basement before eventually coming back up to the main floor into the tower with SS Stems. I am planning to run kegs at 12-17psi with only CO2. Temp is set for 38*. Elevation is 50'.

According to my calculations:
    10' 3/8" Vinyl Hosing = 2lb
    150' 3/8" I.D. Brewery Approved GEN-X

On a 150' foot run I would recommend using a blender panel, less chance of overcarbing the kegs. What brand of tower? is there an elevation difference? if so what is it? With 2 lbs form the vinyl plus the 9 lbs from the trunk plus the 7.5 lbs from the tower (assuming its a micromatic tower) I come up with 22lbs of restriction built in to the system. I would definitely go with a blender or at least beer pumps if your set on sticking with only co2.
    Colin Harrison
    Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Thanks, I was missing the 7.5lb from the tower. The only elevation gain is the height of the tower because the keg and tower are on the same floor. We are using the MM 12 Product Glycol Double Pedestal T Tower. I will use a blend of 75/25 if am not mistaken.

Comment

Are you talking about using beer gas 75/25 or the mix on a blender panel of 75/25 ?
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Im not understanding what the difference of the two are. Beer gas is a pre-mixed gas of any blend that the gas company puts in a cylinder. Blend coming off the blender box is any blend that is mixed as it leaves the panel. Isn't this correct? In either case, I'd use a 75CO2/25N blend of beer gas or a blender putting out 75CO2/25N. From there i would just set my secondary regulator to 22psi and we're good. No?

Comment

Not quite, the 22# is just the resistance that's built into the system, this does not include any choker lines that you need to include. Goto the Mcdantium website and download the calculators to determine what your best options are for the correct mix on the blender panel . The advantage of the blender panel is that you can have it built to specific ratio's. With beer gas you always don't get a correct mix which can throw of the entire system.
            Colin Harrison
            Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

thanks for the link and info

Comment

Working...
              X