Ball Lock Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lock Fittings

Hello folks. New here and new to the Co2 beer keg thing. Been bottling my beer most of my career and now am in the middle of a kegerator project. Just got these ball lock connectors opposed to the pin locks but I'm finding it difficult to figure out what position these go in after you pop them on. Do they get pushed with force to the bottom of the fitting or do they get popped on and left some what loose on the upper half of the fitting ??
    Thanx

After a little reading I have found for one the black is the bev side and the white is the gas. Now they fit down over the fittings like they are supposed to. The lines came with the MFL ball locks in the wrong bags bass akwards. Once I got the right ball lock on the right line everything worked fine. Problem solved
    If that's as hard as it gets I'll be drinking beer out of the tap by the end of the month. lol

Comment

A few more things to keep in mind before kegging your first batch, purge the headspace of the keg with co2 after filling. I fill my kegs and then carry them to the kegerator with the lids off, there should still be co2 being released at this point protecting the beer. Lube the o-ring, install the lid, hook up the gas and then pull the relief on the old to purge the headspace.

Lube the o-rings on the posts as well. Many people on home brew forums feel that you have to set your regulator at 30 or more psi to seat the o-ring on the lid. This is not true. As long as you have a good o-ring and lubed with keg lube, you should be fine. These forums also suggest cutting your dip tube short to reduce sediment, but properly racked beer at this point should not contain a great deal of sediment and what is there will come out on the first pour. Cutting the dip tube wastes beer.

I also recommend the "set it and forget it" method of force carbing. Know your kegerator and what temperature it is, set your regulator properly and you will have perfectly crabbed beer in a week to ten days. Runtime Error
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanx for the tips !! Looking forward to putting my first batch into a keg

Comment

Working...
        X