Renting out kegerators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting out kegerators?

I live in Alabama where beer and tailgating is big time with Auburn and Alabama fans. I am thinking about renting out kegerators for tailgating and other functions. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I can't see where anyone would want to rent one when a few bags of ice for $20 bucks would take care of them just fine.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

A jockey box is the way to go for these types of events
      No CRAP! on tap

Comment

This seems like a recipe for disaster. How would you get it to/from the tailgaiting location? How would you get power to it at a tailgaiting location? Do you really want to leave a $1000 kegerator around a bunch of drunk people who likely have no clue how to pour a beer properly. You'll end up with damaged equipment and people will just be angry when their solo cups are constantly full of foam. Some know it all will monkey with it and screw everything up. You'd have to supply a bartender, too.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
          How would you get power to it at a tailgaiting location?
          Battery Powered Kegerator

All of the other issues are ones solved by many other such venture. The main problem I would think would be with laws and local ordinances.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

if you're just supplying a refrigerator, and not the keg, I think you could easily get around local laws/ordinances, as a kegerator renter. Then of course, if the customer supplies a keg and it's not cold enough, it pours foam all day long. I don't think you'd ever be able to rent them out. Too many variables on the customer getting it to work right, being able to collect enough of a deposit to make it worth it for you if it gets damaged, you still have to have it delivered and picked up, likely. Would you trust joe schmoe you don't know to show up and throw your kegerator in the back of his truck and be able to transport it and set it up correctly?

Jockey boxes would be a much better option. Easier to operate for the customer. Less hassle for the renter and the rentee and in the end, the customer still gets the beer, which is all they really want.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I don't think it would be safe for the kegerator to be constantly moving around, also they are heavy and people would much rather throw the keg in a plastic bucket with ice.

Comment

Working...
              X