Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smil232
    replied
    I do beer festivals, usually with 1/2 barrels and for years have been using plastic tubs to put ice in and keep the kegs chilled before it goes through my Jockey Boxes. They are a pain in the butt, can only hold MAYBE 1 bag of ice and are quite messy. Most of my fest are about 4 hours long. bunch of members do this for uninterrupted beer drinking. i am so thanks to sharing this information to me

H.M

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    armyguy209,
    I wouldn't worry about drop in temperature too much, 10 MPH with no cover you might drop 2+ degrees, blankets or quilts at 30 MPH 1 degree or less, specially made Styrofoam box versus cloth won't make much difference. If your looking to drink faster with less wait time, I'd look at Craigslist for a used refrigerator and store your replacement kegs there, bunch of members do this for uninterrupted beer drinking.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• armyguy209
    replied
    It is about a 35 minute trip from the store to home. Keep in mind that I am in Cali and the temps right now are about 100 degrees+ and I drive a black truck..haha I know I have to let it settle but I was just trying to figure something out to keep it cold on the drive home. Maybe I can make my own little Styrofoam keg jacket for cheap.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    armyguy209,
    How long is it from store to home? No matter 20 minutes or 2 hours or putting on ice you still have to let beer settle in kegerator. You can use blankets, towels or Styrofoam peanuts to insulate, keg jackets are fine but unnecessary.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• armyguy209
    replied
    I was thinking about getting one of these for transport purposes when picking up my kegs. I use plastic tubs with ice right now and 11 bucks on ice just to keep it cold for transport sucks, not to mention a pain in the butt. I found a really good one called "Kegger keg coats" that look really cool but are only made for half kegs. I get 5 gallon slims so I dont think it will work for me.

Leave a comment:

• spdbump
    replied
    We use them at the distributor here in Chico, outside temp in the high 100's durring the summer. They work well, however you need to make sure that the keg is chilled prior to use. What kind of Jockey box are you using? Coil or Cold Plate? With a coil you should be able to use the kegs without iceing.

Leave a comment:

• lefthand
    started a topic Anybody Using the Keg Jackets?

Anybody Using the Keg Jackets?

I do beer festivals, usually with 1/2 barrels and for years have been using plastic tubs to put ice in and keep the kegs chilled before it goes through my Jockey Boxes. They are a pain in the butt, can only hold MAYBE 1 bag of ice and are quite messy. Most of my fest are about 4 hours long.
    I was thinking of going the keg jacket route, the red ones. Have any of you had any experience with these, or are they a waste of money.
    Cheers!
    Mike
Working...
X