Jockey Box Shanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jockey Box Shanks

I was just doing a tune up on a cold plate dual tap jockey box I bought from my buddy. I have replaced all hoses ,all washers,etc. My question is ,should I replace the shanks just to be safe ? They are clean looking but has a few years of age on them . Also,I have ran Powered Brewery wash through the plate and then starsan sanitizer and then water to flush. Hope that was OK. Also is there anything else I need to do,cleaning,etc. other that what I am using ?
    Thanks for your help
    Pete

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area . I am new here and will try to follow the rules.
    Thanks Again
    Pete

Comment

Really no need for the sanitizer. Shanks should be fine. Taste is final test.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

The StarSan thing I think comes from home brew forums. Many home brewers feel that sanitizers are a must for everything that touches beer, not just unfermented wort. While I will sanitize a keg before filling, CleanFlo or BLC is all that I us on my lines, couplers or faucet.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
        X