This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold plate

Is it preferable to put the cold plate and rack directly on the bottom of the jockey box or on top of a layer of ice?

Put the rack on the bottom, then the cold plate then the ice. Keep the melted water of the cold plate by draining it. This works the best.

L. Tapper
    L. Tapper

Comment

Thankyou, you guys should know and I agree with your response but I don't think it is generally accepted in the beer industry as the best way. I was trained to first place the cold plate on top of a bed of ice and current literature from AB says to sandwich the cold plate between the ice. Can you give some technical reasons of why it is preferable to place the cold plate on the bottom of the jockey box. Is it because there is less potential of forming an "ice dam" and the water will drain off easier, is the superiority of one method over the other questionable, ie. is it worth informing our "special event" customers about?

Comment

A question for you would be why you are using a cold plate system? Is the volume of the event that low that you can use a cold plate? If you are dealing with high volume, use a coil system.

As to sandwiching the coil with ice - the ice on the bottom of the cold plate will eventually disappear since through the temperature transfer the ice will melt. Now if you check the ice after the system has dispensed beer for awhile and physically pulled the plate out and rebuilt your sandwich, that probably would be ideal.

Also, always fill the system with beer first prior to filling box with ice.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Our reason for favoring cold plates is because so many of the coils come back broken or punctured. Is there a reasonable way to repair damaged coils?

Comment

Possibly a splice with barrier tubing may work. Slip over damaged coil and double clamp each end. Why are the coils becoming damaged?

Comment

Must have been some party!

"If you tap it, they will come."
              "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

my kind of parties as long as it is not my s#@t not being busted

"So many great beers, so little time, and only one liver" Mark
                From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
                and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

This thread has become a spammer target. Thread closed.
                  My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                  "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                  -Dave Barry-
                  "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                  Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                  -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
                  X