Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment

I am building a Jockey Box for event cooling and was reading through the othe FAQs. What is the purpose for the additional restriction mentioned in some of the other replies. I plan on building a 2 product box with 50' each of 5/16 OD 304 Stainless coils. My thoughts were that there would already be plenty (too much) restriction, necessitating 20 to 25 PSI CO2. I planned to use 3/8" ID shanks and 5/16" ID vinyl tube. Could someone please explain what else I will need to make this box pour correctly?
    Last edited by Kent; 04-02-2007, 06:08 PM. Reason: Sorry for the initial wrong tube diameters.

1/2" ID tubing has a restriction value of .025. I couldn't find one or stainless 5/8" but still the bigger the tubing the less restriction. That only provides 1.25 of restriction and your trying to slow down 25 lbs of push, you would need a significantly longer piece of 3/16" tubing to get your flow right. If you could I would go with a smaller ID coil. Someone with practical experience might have some more input but I've only dealt with jockey boxes were smaller ID's.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Since these systems require a significant pressure to propel the beer through the length of coil while maintaining gas in solution, the restriction acts as a dam retarding the flow allowing for a manageable pour.

Be careful using 50' coils in high volume situations. 100' - 5/16" OD with 20' - 1/4" OD coils are ideal for this application.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
      X