Wooden VS Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden VS Glasses

What is the difference drinking from wooden mug and from Glass Mug ?

I’m planning to open a bar and to make it unique, im thinking of using wooden mug to make it looks like medieval age

Thank you
    Last edited by andramont726; 11-13-2012, 11:36 PM.

You can't sanitze a wooden mug - I would be surprised if your local health department allowed you to use them.

Comment

I must assume you're having a go at us. Metal and pottery mugs were around in ancient times and certainly the norm in the middle ages. As Sketch points out unless the bar is in your basement you'd never get a license. Your bar would be unique indeed since an untreated raw wood taste would over power the beer taste. Hey let's stop in at andramont726 for an ice cold glass of oak or maybe a dark hickory.

Comment

Aside from the sanitary issues, a wooden mug would provide countless nucleation sites. You'd be pouring mugs of foam for sure. A better idea might be a stainless steel tankard.

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-3629-simple-medieval-tankard.aspx?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source= googlebase&cvsfa=2951&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=434738393136

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
          Aside from the sanitary issues, a wooden mug would provide countless nucleation sites. You'd be pouring mugs of foam for sure. A better idea might be a stainless steel tankard.

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-3629-simple-medieval-tankard.aspx?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source= googlebase&cvsfa=2951&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=434738393136
          Dead on Cubby the foam would be the talk of the Realm if they carbed beer back. The yeast in the barrels did produce co2 but by the time it was brought up from the caves and cellars and tapped most of the beer severed was flat and all was room temp. Stainless is a great idea but it don't evolve until 1913, old age to you and me but not really the medieval either. Pewter was period and in those times didn't contain lead like now days. One would never mistake the look of pewter for stainless luster wise. Still I believe the common man drank out of earthen wear, metals were for nobles.
          Last edited by pvs6; 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM. Reason: to allow time for all the Knights to be sitted at the round table

Comment

Working...
          X