Mobile Beer Dispenser profitability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Beer Dispenser profitability

Been looking to get out of the rat race and have been mulling over a food truck business for awhile. However, I came across an old refrigerated milk truck that could be easily turned into a mobile beverage dispenser. Looking for information on whether this is a profitable venture? I'm sure laws are different in different states but I'm thinking festivals, football games, parties/weddings, etc. Any info would be helpful and if I'm in the wrong place let me know. Its a 66 Ford refrigerated milk truck, which has been rebuilt and it runs great. Please help!

I think your biggest hurdle will be obtaining a liquor license for mobile alcohol sales. I'm sure it would be profitable if you could legally sell beer. Start with your state and local government alcohol control boards/departments to check on how difficult it might be to obtain a liquor license, or if you plan on being mobile, you might need a liquor license in each municipality you plan on dispensing in.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

It sounds like fun - but it also could be more trouble than it's worth.

If it's profitable is something you have to work out. Your equipment and product costs vs how many beers a week you plan on selling.

My biggest question would be what do you do with the kegs when you aren't serving them? I know nothing about refrigerated trucks, but I assume you have to leave the generator running to keep the unit cold. So in order to keep products from spoiling - you will have to keep the truck cold 24/7, unless you purchased a walk in unit you could transfer the kegs into.

Beyond that, your truck would have to be able to maintain a specific temperature in order to keep your kegs balanced. Temp swings from poor insulation or other factors could be your biggest enemy.

Comment

just re-read the post. no comment
        Last edited by xscash; 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X