Searching for 1/4 Slim Barrel Keg Bud Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for 1/4 Slim Barrel Keg Bud Light

Okay, I've been having a difficult time getting these. I've called Anheiser-Bush and they said they make them available and to contact the local distributor to order them. I've contacted the local distributor and they said that Anheiser-Bush doesn't even make them and only the 1/6 slim, but they don't offer 1/6 slim in Bud Light. It seems they are not familiar with this new 1/4 Slim Barrel Keg setup.

I know for a fact they offer this because
    A: Their website says so: Anheuser-Busch Draught Beer Information
    B: I spoke with a representative and they confirmed this. I asked her for her email address to prove this but seemed she wanted nothing to do with it.

Why is this person telling me that they don't make 1/4 Slim Barrel Keg Bud Light?

I think her name was Lewane from Northern Eagle Beverage Inc in Carlstadt NJ.

Anyhow, can anyone help me get a one of these in NJ or know who I can contact?

Thanks

My guess would be either the person at the distributer didn't know what they were talking about or they don't offer them as part of their selection. I'd suggest contacting another distributer. I've run in to the same issue with Dog Fish Head's 60 minute IPA in a 1/6 bbl. BevMo says they can't get it but Total Wine frequently has it in stock.

Go figure and good luck.
    Last edited by whutever; 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM.
    Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

do they make bud light in 1/4 slims?

thanks

Comment

According to pdf from abdraught, they do. According to that document, they make Bud, Bud Light, Michelob Light, Michelob AmberBock and Michelob ULTRA nationally as well as Ziegenbock, which is not available nationally.

Last weekend, I asked my local beer distributor to order me a slim 1/4 of Bud Light for next weekend and gave them a hard copy of the document for when the distributor tells them that Bud Light doesn't come in slim 1/4 barrels. I'll find out whether they were able to get it next Thursday or Friday.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

Many thanks for your recent e-mail. We appreciate your interest in our company, and are truly flattered that you plan on making Bud Light the “official beer” of your home draught system!

While we appreciate your interest, our slim line ¼ barrels are available exclusively in Texas and portions of the Southeast at this time. We apologize for any disappointment that this may cause. Although there are no current plans for the keg’s extension to your market, your words of interest have been noted; and will be kept in mind as we develop our plans for 2009 and beyond.

Even though you can’t pick up a slim ¼ of Bud Light in your area, we’ve included the contact information for the retailers nearest you that carry the standard ¼ barrel. We hope this size will be a fit for your kegerator!

Norwood Wine & Liquor Inc
          140 Nahatan St
          Norwood, MA 02062
          781-762-9841

Bay State Wine & Spirits
          438 Walpole St
          Norwood, MA 02062
          781-769-6363

Hurley's Beer & Wine
          1208 Washington St
          Norwood, MA 02062
          781-762-4706

If the standard ¼ barrel doesn’t work for you, we’ve included the contact information for your local Anheuser-Busch wholesaler below. The personnel at Quality Beverage Limited Partnership will be able to provide you with a list of brands they carry in the 1/6th slim line barrel.

Quality Beverage Limited Partnership
          525 Myles Standish Boulevard
          Taunton, MA 02780
          (508) 822-6200

We hope this information is helpful, and that you’re able to raise a perfect pint of your favorite Anheuser-Busch beers with your friends again this Saturday!

Again, thank you for contacting Anheuser-Busch. Please let us know if you have additional comments or questions. We always enjoy hearing from our friends in Massachusetts!

Chris

Your Friend at Anheuser-Busch

1-800-DIAL-BUD (1-800-342-5283)

Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour Home Page

Comment

Thanks Patrick. It's not the news that I was hoping to hear. But, at least I now know that my local distributor is not the problem.

What e-mail address did you use to ask your question. It would probably be a good idea for some more of us, who live in the Northeast, to let it be known that we would like to purchase Bud product in 1/4 slim kegs. So, I'd like to send my e-mail to the same place that you sent yours.

Comment

I originally asked the question through the AB webiste. The reply came from: DialBud@anheuser-busch.com

It would be great if someone local sold these in 1/4 slim.

I have found places locally that offer 1/6 Budweiser but it is the same price as a 1/4 keg.

Hopefully we'll see the slim's soon

Comment

I just sent them an email asking if we could get slims in California. Hopefully if we harass them enough they will see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by 23westwood View Post

Although there are no current plans for the keg’s extension to your market, your words of interest have been noted; and will be kept in mind as we develop our plans for 2009 and beyond.
                  I hate semicolon abuse!
                  Tap 1 - Yeungling (1/4)
                  Conditioning - Restatement Gold (1/6)

Comment

Slims

Slim's are actually really good in some cases. I have seen a lot of bars take their kegeraters that only fit 5 kegs, buy a double tower and shove in two slims of whatever they can get, and are somewhat limited in what they can buy. In most cases a low profile tap is needed, but if your company makes these kegs than that’s what these bars get. In the case I know of both are AB flavors, and you can look at it as AB gets two spickets for the area of one. Good sales technique too.

Adam

Comment

I can get 1/4 kegs of Bud Light here in Ithaca NY. Fingerlakes beverage center sells them for $56.99. I prefer Yuengling at $49.99 for a 1/4 though.

Comment

I would love to slims here in AZ

Comment

Just depends on the market. We get A-B products in every size container imaginable; that could be because we have two breweries here in Florida (Tampa and Jacksonville). I feel your pain though. So many other fine brews are not available in the sizes I need to make life perfect-
                          Long Hammer IPA in a 1/6 bbl. readily comes to mind as an example...not here. On a good note though..I can pick up Dogfish Head 60 Minute for $79 (1/6 bbl.) I can live with that.
                          "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
                          Gram Parsons

Comment

I went to a local grocery store liquor department, and asked for a pony keg of bud. He said "they don't make regular pony kegs anymore, they only make slim kegs now, and we don't have any in stock."

I was pretty sure he was BS'ing me.

Do they make 1/4 barrel in the non slim variety anymore?

Edit: I'm in Sarasota Florida.

Comment

Yes, but.....
                              It looks like what may be available will depend on where you live. I'm in Brevard County. All we can get here is Budweiser in the regular squatty pony kegs, 1/2 barrel, and 1/6 barrel....NO slim kegs, which incidentally annoys me to no end. I'd call around though. Being that close to A-B in Tampa there is no telling what is available over there.
                              "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
                              Gram Parsons

Comment

Working...
                              X