Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnski
    replied
    hey mmcscott..when will that liquid crystal strip thingy be available? if not soon..where can i get one? have any more info and cost?

thanx
    john

.. recent happy owner of micromatic kegerator conv kit

Leave a comment:

• Sudz
    replied
    This is what you (and I) want. Unfortunately they want $286 for the meter, $170 for a power supply ($10 at Radio Shack) and $85 shipping! Bleah! And oh, did I forget to mention you also have to buy a $235 "Reset fob" to reset the pint counter back to zero? Double bleah!

Why can't anyone make one similar to this with a reset button: ?!?!?!

Don't know if the beer would be foamy after going thru the turbine.

Also, Google for "KegBot" for a fun idea.

Leave a comment:

• diet069
    replied
    My 2 cents:

Like flshlite said.....lift the keg every once in a while.

Here is a trick that works with propane tanks (might work with kegs too). Pour a some hot water down the side of the keg. A noticeable hot/cold line can be felt with your hand to indicate how much is left.

Regarding what happens when your keg runs out of beer (quite often at the worst possible time)....i keep a few cans of beer tucked in the kegerator to be used for just such a crisis.

Leave a comment:

• flashlite
    replied
    yeah i know one, lift your keg every once in a while. when it gets light get a new one ready, duh.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Zuhse
    replied
    If this is just for home use, there will be a keg strip which incorporates liquid crystal technology available from Micro matic soon. Otherwise, there is a device which tells you exactly how much beer you have left in the keg - cost around $1500. great for retail. Pricey for home use.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Leave a comment:

• Dro
    started a topic Flow meter?

Flow meter?

Anyone know of any kind of flow meter you can put in-line to keep track of the amount of beer used? It would be helpful to know when I have to order a new keg BEFORE my current one runs out.

thanks!
Working...
X