No announcement yet.

Flow meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For home use, scales are a great method of determining usage. For commercial application, there is a firm out there called Bevinco that uses scales to weigh tapped kegs to determine removals. The carry this from store to store.

Unfortunately, no one has come up with a scale that can stay in the cooler and stand up to the abuse from the kegs moving in and out.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

answer to our prayers

Home Page

My buddy and I both have one of there. They are a god send. keg-meter.com

Comment

The problem I see about these turbine devices is does it measure line cleaning solution as beer? If so then the amount of beer left could be way off depending on the length of your draw, the type of cleaning, and amount of solution used.

Comment

Originally posted by shane34652 View Post
          The problem I see about these turbine devices is does it measure line cleaning solution as beer? If so then the amount of beer left could be way off depending on the length of your draw, the type of cleaning, and amount of solution used.
          Unfortunately this is an on going problem with several of the flow meter companies. I have worked with one of these companies here in Virginia, and that is exactly the question I asked them.

Solutions seem to be aimed at the line cleaners, requiring them to switch the transponder units from service to cleaning mode.

That being said, commercial grade units are not designed to tell the restaurant how much beer is left in a keg. They are designed to detect theft and loss. This is accomplished by date/time stamps on the reports so that sells can be reconciled with pours during any given shift.

Comment

flow meter

there is a company called intelatap they make flow meters that measure inventory and also for bar that allow customers to pour there own beer.they are accurate ,I belive they charge a fee for ther service monthly.

Comment

Flow Meter

There's a new product out called TapMate. It is self installed and uses infrared light to measure draft beer flow. It attaches to the keg coupler. Check it out at abouttapmate.com. It's a simple product to help with draft beer control for $195. You can order it off the website.
              Last edited by HBSean; 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM. Reason: weird URL

Comment

has anybody used the Tapmate? seems like a good solution...
                Last edited by Karamuru; 12-15-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Draft Beer Metering

Originally posted by Karamuru View Post
                  has anybody used the Tapmate? seems like a good solution...
                  Yes Karamuru. I've seen Tapmate in action at a Las Vegas trade show demo and at a restaurant. It works like a "meter" should work--at the source. For example, as the bartendar pours a 21 ounce Coors Light beer, the Tapmate counter on the Coors Light keg tallies the ounces (e.g., tamper-proof counter moves from 790 to 811 as beer is being poured).

You should see the stunned reaction of bartendars when they see this hardware in action for the first time. The reality sinks in as they watch it. They know the Owner will be able to pinpoint how many draft beers of Coors Light were given away during the shift.

And this Tapmate is truly a METER, so you'll always know exactly how many ounces remain in the keg--just read the meter. I watched a self-install demo on the keg coupler with a crescent wrench in a couple of minutes, and they also showed how to replace the triple-AAA battery. It's clear that with Tapmate you don't rely on a third party for anything. It's 100% do-it-yourself. No salesman. No contractors changing your draft beer system. No long-term contracts. No O&M retainer fee. I suggest you give Tapmate a try for the $195 and post your own experience.

Comment

How does the Tapmate deal with the cleaning issue I brought up earlier?

Comment

Flow Meter

Shane,
                      Since TapMate is connected to the coupler, it will measure cleaning solution. You have to make sure you read the meter after the lines are cleaned and before you start selling beer.

Comment

Aberle, what is your company?

Comment

So.. ? For a simple home use who don't want to have an empty keg in a middle of a party..
                          TapMate or Keg-Meter??

Comment

I'm not sure what a keg-meter is. I'm glad my dad didn't have a draft beer meter on his keg when I was growing up. We would fill 1-gallon water containers twice a week. His keg would go dead a week early and he would freak. He had 20% shrinkage under his own roof.

The Tapmate looks like the simple solution because it goes on in two minutes and doesn't have moving parts that will jack up your beer.

Comment

How about using a very simple device as the Smartstrip?
                              Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

What about the Berg Draft Sentinel system?

Comment

Working...
                                X