CO2 Cost per Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Cost per Year?

Just started managing a bar and would like to look into cutting the costs for CO2 tank usage for the bar.

Anyone have any suggestions?

What's a good total expense amount per year for CO2 tanks/refills?

Cost depends on usage obviously. You can't pick a number and say that's what you are going to hit. You need to keep the beer properly carbed to maintain the volumes of CO2 and that times your number of kegs makes your usage. I would say unless you have some sort of leak somewhere you are barking up the wrong tree. CO2 is probably your lowest cost item that you have.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

td24,
      Yeah, as djc says, depends, we ain't no pros, but by my calculations I'd say 2-3 dollars per half keg,@ say $100+ per 1/2 keg, kinda moot point as to CO2 being a major point of cost in dispensing. You probably would spend more money in CO2 in cleaning than in dispensing.
      If you have dispute with my calculations, post what you pay per pound of CO2 and how much you go through per week along with how many kegs you dispense per week.
      If you are using beer gas, that is a whole different animal.
      KB

Comment

Generally speaking you should be using aprox 1/2 lb co2 per keg. So on a 20 lbs bottle you should get 40 kegs. This does not include loss for cleaning.
        Colin Harrison
        Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Working...
        X