Home Beer Retail Beer Commercial Closed Chemical Systems
    Gslice is offline Junior Member

Default Where do you refill your CO2?

I know this can depend on your particular region, but I was curious as to what types of places can refill 5lb CO2 cannisters?

If anybody is in the Baltimore area, can you please tell me a good place to go?

Thanks!

Default Paintball Store

I am in the baltimore area (Towson University Student) and used to be big into paintball so naturally the first place i checked were paintball stores. The outdoor adventures store in Baltimore can fill 5lb tanks while you wait for $15. Their adress is
    1642 Sulphur Spring Road
    Baltimore, Maryland 21227

and their website is OA Superstore in Arbutus

They are nice people in there and when i got mine filled the first thing they asked me was is the tank for a kegerator so i guess they have a bunch of people that get their kegerator co2 tanks filled there. Hope i could help

Gslice is offline Junior Member

Thanks, oneandonlychaz. I tried the local ****'s, which can fill paintball CO2 tanks, but they said 5lb tanks were too much. I will definitely try the place you suggested.

I really appreciate it!

iceman8420 is offline Junior Member

Look for a local welding supply place as well. They fill mine for $12 each time, and also have an O ring that stays on the tank side, not regulator.. that they change each time for me
    -Seth

topgun3208 is offline Senior Member

I get mine on an exchange at Harford Beverage depot, also known as Racers cafe, harford road and taylor ave I believe, across from valley gun shop. its like $10
    From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
    and hot steamed crabs!

fattymattybrewing is offline Junior Member

Default MD area CO2 refill list

Here is a list of CO2 refill locations in the Maryland area...
    Brewers United for Real Potables > Local Scene > Local CO2 Suppliers ( DNN 4.3.5 )

Does anyone know of any lists on the Net or suppliers in the Iowa County Wisconsin area for where to go to refill CO2 tanks?
    Matt Sweeny
    Fatty Matty Brewing
    http://www.fattymattybrewing.com

sesands is offline Junior Member

Default Colorado?

Hi, does anyone know of a good place to get CO2 in the Colorado Springs area? Thanks!

Default CO CO2 refills

Here are some places you can get your CO2 refilled in CO but not sure how close they are to CO Springs...have you tried calling around to the local welding or Fire Extinguisher stores?

http://www.thebrewhut.com/

You can also check this forum which is a homebrewing club in CO...

http://www.foamontherange.org/messag...&fid=1&tid=388

The Brew Hut
    15108 E. Hampden Avenue
    Aurora, CO 80014
    303-680-8898
    www.thebrewhut.com
    Also if you go here...
    http://beertown.org/homebrewing/listings.asp

you can click on CO and get a huge list of other homebrew clubs which will allow you to get into contact with them (email or forums on their sites) to ask where they would recommend for your area...

Hoe this helps!
    Matt Sweeny
    Fatty Matty Brewing

sesands is offline Junior Member

Wow, Matt, thank you so much for all the research and info. I really appreciate it, and will look into those sites. I have called a couple welding and fire extinguisher places; about half of them do it, but they are at least 25 minutes from me. Okay, that's no so bad, and at least I know of some sure bets, but it would be nice to have something closer to home. I tried to contact a paintball supply place about 10 mins from here, but haven't gotten a reply. I will definitely check out those sites, though. Thanks again for the help!

Thumbs up CO2 refills

Yes, homebrew clubs will be a great place to research where exactly you can go to find the closest CO2 refill locations as they have already h***led with figuring out these locations. When you visit their websites (listed in my earlier reply above) use the clubs websites' forum to ask your location questions or just email some of the club members directly, homebrewers are super friendly and will be excited to help you out...beer lovers unite!!!
    Matt Sweeny
    Fatty Matty Brewing

Post Help with finding refill locations

I also use Midwest homebrew (Minn, USA) for many of my beer making orders and found their forum to be super informative, many users and lots of help available from brewers (home and craft/pro) across the USA and Canada. This site has a special forum category dedicated to draft brewing here:

The Northern Brewer Homebrew Forum :: View Forum - Draft Systems

Happy brewing!
    Matt Sweeny
    Fatty Matty Brewing

onerunner2 is offline Junior Member

Default suggestions

here are my suggestions for where to get a CO2 refilled/exchanged:

Look in the yellow pages for welding supply companies, this is my preferred method, the one i go to exchanges my tank, so i don't have to worry about it going out of date.

Some large distributors will fill your tank for you (i've only ever found one of these).

Ask the owner/manager of where you buy your kegs from, these guys are a wealth of information of other businesses in your area that are beer related. odds are they can suggest the best place to go to.

hope that helps.

TAPMAN is offline Super Moderator

The only problem with beer dist. filling tanks, is most of them only transfer fill. that means you are getting CO2 gas. If you go to a weld supply, they usually are pumping liquid CO2 into the tank, thus giving you more yield from your tank. Tapman

onerunner2 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAPMAN View Post
    The only problem with beer dist. filling tanks, is most of them only transfer fill. that means you are getting CO2 gas. If you go to a weld supply, they usually are pumping liquid CO2 into the tank, thus giving you more yield from your tank. Tapman
    you are right, you need to check to see if they cascade or pump. Tapman, do you know D. Little's distributor in Columbia? i think they pump.

TAPMAN is offline Super Moderator

Yes I am familiar with Little's. Not sure which way they do it, but they probably transfer fill. Pumps are fairly expensive and they would have to do a lot of CO2 to be cost efficient enough to justify an expense like that.

willblog4beer is offline New Member

Default DC/Northern Virginia?

Anyone filled up their C02 cylinder in DC or Northern Virginia?

bobdaily is offline New Member

Default Dallas / Fort Worth , Texas Co2 Refill

We have had a number of people ask us about refilling Keg Co2 Bottles in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. The answer is yes, we can refill Keg bottle at any of our four locations around the DFW area. Our Co2 is a high grade and stored in aluminum cylinders, which means no rust in the Co2. Average Co2 refill takes about 5 minutes and can be done while you wait. For more information please contact any of our stores.

Paintball Player’s Supply HQ
    Lake Worth
    4224 Karen Lane
    Lake Worth Texas 76135
    (817)237-0299

Paintball Player’s Supply
    of Mid Cities
    North Richland Hills
    8703 Bedford Euless Rd.
    NRH, Texas 76053
    (817)284-0844

Paintball Players Supply of Grapevine
    600 W NorthWest Hwy
    Grapevine, Texas 76051
    (817) 310-3005

Paintball Players Supply Of Weatherford
    922 S. Main Street
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    (817)594-5530

Paintball Player Supply - Fun On The Run Paintball ParkFun On The Run Paintball Park - Paintball Players Supply
    info@paintballplayerssupply.com

jhon is offline Member

I went to a place that fills fire extinguishers. (Called Oxygen Supply Co.) In an industrial park near where I work in Jersey. They charged me 12 bucks for my 5LB tank. He also had all kinds of beer tap equipment if I was ever in need of an emergency repair. You might check that type of place out.

drax0r is offline New Member

For those north of DFW, I suggest Furguson Gasses. They're a welding supply and industrial gas shop, but they keep a stock of tanks specifically for kegerator owners. They're exchange only and it'll cost you $20 for 5# of CO2, but it's well worth it for the ease and proximity for those of us in Collin/Grayson counties.

Ferguson Gases Locations

Win Joy Jr is offline New Member

Default On the Eastern Shore / DelMarVa

There is a place in Camden, DE that refills, cost me $15. Will look up the name / addy tomorrow.

whutever is offline Senior Member

You can also go to any local Homebrew store as they most likely will sell the tanks and refill them. Just make sure you find a place that refills your tank and doesn't just exchange them. You probably spent some "coin" on your aluminum tank and should want it back and not some crappy exchange. Just my 2 cents.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

smores is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAPMAN View Post
    I exchanged my shiny brand-new aluminum tank for an almost-new shiny aluminum tank at Robert's Oxygen yesterday. The label says it's liquid, and everything in the shop is related to welding pretty much... so I guess I got my $20 worth!

BTW when dealing with Robert's, ask ahead for an aluminum tank. I had called about one the other day and the guy said "yeah we have plenty". When the guy brought my tank out yesterday, it was steel. I asked if I could have an aluminum one, and he said "gee, I'm not sure if I have one". He did have ONE but it was at the bottom of the stack so we had to unpile about a dozen cylinders to get to it. Next time I'll see if I can make sure they have one ready for me...

scottlindner is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sesands View Post
    Wow, Matt, thank you so much for all the research and info. I really appreciate it, and will look into those sites. I have called a couple welding and fire extinguisher places; about half of them do it, but they are at least 25 minutes from me. Okay, that's no so bad, and at least I know of some sure bets, but it would be nice to have something closer to home. I tried to contact a paintball supply place about 10 mins from here, but haven't gotten a reply. I will definitely check out those sites, though. Thanks again for the help!
    Where did you end up going in the Springs to get your tank filled? Have you found a good place for hydro tests? I am new to the area and have two tanks that need testing and filling. I called the local AirGas but they want $22 just for a fill. I was paying $8 per tank before moving here.

Scott

leo
    leo is offline New Member

Thumbs up CO2 Refill's

Bars By Bud does it.
    Address is 8302 Hilltop Rd
    Fairfax,VA 22041
    703-573-1010

bubbajames is offline New Member

Default Central IL

AEC: Fire, Safety & Security
    3003 Stanton Ave.
    Springfield, IL 62703
    Phone: 217-529-3003 / 1-800-422-2144

$8.50 for 5# refill
    $17 for testing, if not tested in last 5 years

Flyfisha2181 is offline Junior Member

Default Use welding suppliers

I use my local welding supplier. You can arrange for fills and sometimes exchanges. Cost around 15 dollars.

bkl63 is offline Senior Member

I use a local welding supply company in New Castle, DE. Cost me $11.00 last month for a 5 lb fill. They fill on the spot, so no exchange which I like.

Brian

whutever is offline Senior Member

Local homebrew store, What Ale's Ya, 63rd Ave and Bell Rd, Glendale Arizona. On premises refill so no exchange along with great conversation.

6363 W. Bell Rd
    Glendale, Arizona 85303
    (623) 486-8016
    Last edited by whutever; 12-17-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Beer - the 5th food group!

cubby_swans is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bubbajames View Post
    AEC: Fire, Safety & Security
    3003 Stanton Ave.
    Springfield, IL 62703
    Phone: 217-529-3003 / 1-800-422-2144

$8.50 for 5# refill
    $17 for testing, if not tested in last 5 years
    Good price on a refill. I get mine filled at a local paintball shop for $10. I've found a local dive shop that can test for $15, too.

Home Brew IPA

e234ff is offline New Member

Default CO2 Fills

Try out your local fire extinguisher sales/service dealer. I know the one here in town and he is able to fill up mine for me for a good price. Might be worth a try for everyone.

theSunshineScooter is offline Junior Member

In Austin, I fill mine up at the Austin Homebrew Supply Store.

Austin Homebrew Supply