Home Beer Retail Beer Commercial Closed Chemical Systems
    Lush is offline Junior Member

Default CO2 Refill Locations For Your Area

I don't know if I'm crossing a boundary or not but I'd like to start a spot on this site that will help people find a place close to them that they can fill their CO2 tanks. I had one place tell me that they will swipe my new tank for a filled tank. Not happening.

I found this place in the Richmond, Va. area:

RICHMOND OXYGEN CO.
    11009 Richardson Road
    Ashland, Va. 23005

Ph: (804) 798-2525

M-F: 9AM - 5PM
    Sat.: 8AM - 12PM

For a 5 lbs tank fill: $13.65 Total on March 5, 2009

It's located in the Hanover Air Park off the Atlee/Almont exit off of I-95

I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Lush; 03-10-2009 at 07:13 PM.

cubby_swans is offline Super Moderator

I found this book in my cupboard called the yellow pages

look under welding supplies, paintball supplies, and sometimes Fire protection equipment, as those who fill co2 fire extinguishers may be able to fill co2 tanks.

Call ahead and find out if they swap tanks or fill tanks.

Home Brew IPA

Jay1 is offline Member

BEV GAS
    403-278-1680
    Calgary Alberta
    48/year tank rental (20lb tank)
    55/fill via vi tank exchange for Beer Gas c02/nitrogen mix
    Delivered, same day.

I found this book in my cupboard called the yellow pages

look under welding supplies, paintball supplies, and sometimes Fire protection equipment, as those who fill co2 fire extinguishers may be able to fill co2 tanks.

Call ahead and find out if they swap tanks or fill tanks.
    I'd figure it would be quicker and more convenient to those who have to do an endless search in a big city and find a place that is relatively inexpensive. Too many places around here want to swap your tank and want over 50 bucks for a 5lb CO2 tank. Not all fire extinguisher places do refills and are way over priced.

RKS210 is offline New Member

Default co2 refills

Airgas in yellow pages was cheep and did it not really fast had to send it away 4 day but got it back it cost $20.00 but got it done no exchange

THE ICEMAN is offline Super Moderator

I get my 5 pounder filled for $5 at the same place I get my beer, Sun Devil Liquors.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion >>>---->>> KILLER KEGERATOR

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

hobster is offline Member

I take it you're in Phoenix. I swapped my 5lb CO2 tank out at Vern Lewis welding supplies in the west valley for 14 bucks. For Beer gas the only place I found that will fill as you wait is Canyon State Carbonic in Mesa/Tempe. The other gas suppliers wanted a 7 day refill time on a 22cu ft nitro tank.

rjagr068 is offline New Member

Default Thanks

Lush,

Thanks for the reference to where to fill up CO2. I went down there today, I live in Richmond, and the service and price was excellent. $20 for a 10lb fill up. I had searched on yellow pages and was unable to find anything, luckily it pulled up your thread.

Thanks!

aguyindallas is offline Junior Member

I use Airgas off of Harry Hines (on Joe Field Rd) in Dallas. They charge me 8.00 to fill my 2.5lb and 10.00 to fill my 5.0lb bottles. If you go in the morning (or they say, most days before 2:00pm...they will fill on the spot.
    Last edited by aguyindallas; 06-02-2010 at 08:04 AM.
    On tap: 1/2 of Dos XX Lager

In the dust:
    3X - 1/2 of Miller Lite
    1X - 1/2 of Coors Light
    1X - 1/4 of Shiner Ruby Redbird

Bruceski is offline Junior Member

This Airgas site locator should be useful:
    Airgas.com - Gas, Welding, Safety Supply.

Cheers,
    Bruceski
    "There is no such thing as a beer!" - Herm Simpson
    Interpretation: Either you cannot drink just one, or beer is unitless, like water.

etherscreen is offline Junior Member

I live in Overland Park, Kansas and go to a place called Home Brew Pro Shop. I think he charges around $15 for a trade (drop off your tank and pick up another).

bkl63 is offline Senior Member

If you are in the Wilmington, DE area, G and E Welding supply! The guys are super cool there. Filled my 5# tank there for 11 bucks. Did a recert of a tank for $22.95 (which I thought was a tad high, they send that work out to Hoopes Fire Prevention in Newark, DE) and it took about a week.

They always ask where the beer is every time I go in with a tank.

281 Airport Road
    New Castle, DE 19720-1540
    302-328-4995
    Lincoln Electric, Hypertherm, Hougen Manufacturing, Metabo, Harris Welding, Tillman - WE ARE GE Welding Supply, Providing Quality Welding Supplies Throughout the Mid-Atlantic
    On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Lush,

Thanks for the reference to where to fill up CO2. I went down there today, I live in Richmond, and the service and price was excellent. $20 for a 10lb fill up. I had searched on yellow pages and was unable to find anything, luckily it pulled up your thread.

Thanks!
    Hey that's great!!! It took me forever and many phone calls to find this place too!

Glad I was able to help!!

LTC_Mustard is offline New Member

Default Southern Maryland Location -- Laurel Bottled Gas Co. Inc

In southern Maryland (south of B'more), there is an old curmudgin guy who runs a hole in the wall gas and accessories shop. For less than $15 he'll fill your average 5lb tank in about 6 seconds, take your money, give you a receipt and you're on your way.

Laurel Bottled Gas Co. Inc is what it's called. It's not too far off of I-95 -- on US 1. Here is his/their web-site: * Helium Balloon Tanks - Laurel, MD - Laurel Bottled Gas Co. Inc.

Most importantly, he's open both Saturday and Sunday (morning ...or was). Everywhere else around here (Robert's, Valley National Gas, etc.) they work less hours than I do and are never open when I'm not at work.

That guy also seemed to do other stuff, but my grill is charcoal...just needed some beer gas and he hooked me up on 4th of July Saturday.

mattnad is offline Member

Default Northern NJ - Paintball

In my neck of woods (Morristown area), most places charge about $25 for a 10lb CO2 tank but either swap only, or take a week between drop off and pickup since they do batch fills.

Instead, I was lucky enough to find a paintball store that fills while you wait for the same amount.

PaintballDepot
    760 Route 46
    Kenvil, NJ 07847
    (973)-584-2220

There's another store that *may* also do while you wait refills - call in advance:

PaintballDepot
    67 Water St (Rt. 206)
    Newton, NJ 07860
    (973)-579-2742

beerdoe is offline New Member

Default South of Richmond VA. CO2 Refills - Chesterfield

KBS Paintball On Hull St. $20 10lb refills, Keep your own C02 tank.

rtracer is offline Member

East Bay Welding Supply, Martinez Ca.
    $12- 5lb