Home Beer Retail Beer Commercial Closed Chemical Systems

Default Converting a Magic Chef Wine Cooler to kegerator

I am considering trying to convert a Magic Chef Wine Cooler model number MCWC52b into a kegerator. Here is a link for the thing MC Appliance Corporation Magicchef Wine Cooler Product Details.

The inside dimensions as I measured them are:
    Height: 28"
    Width: 16.5"
    Depth 16.5" (From the bulge at the bottom to the door is 12")

Does anyone know if this will fit 2 of the small sixth barrell size kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank? Or if even if it will fit 2 of the slim quarter kegs?

I've been reading a lot about the sanyo 4912 conversion, but my friend is willing to give me this fridge if I can make it work.

Any adivce will help.

Thanks

My first question would be how cold can it get? It has to be able to get down to 38 degrees F or it won't do the job for a keg...

Room will be your biggest issue. It won't hold a 1/4 slim, and I doubt it'll hold 2 1/6th barrels, definitely not with the bottle in there.

I'm sure it'll get down to temp although it'll most likely require that you modify/replace the existing thermostat.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Thanks for the replies. does anyone know the inside dimension of the Sanyo 4912. Or at least the minimum cubic feet or inside dimensions needed to fit either 2 cornys or 2 sixth barrels.

Thanks